Mine

Here's the plan. I'll lure him through, and you try to freeze his chainsaw. If it does not work,” Kasai shot her a slightly frightful look, and her red eyes held Kori's ice blue ones firmly. We will have to rely on instinct.

Kori nodded, and Eli gulped. There was no way that she was ready for this.

The whirring of the chainsaw was getting steadily louder, and Eli struggled to keep her calm.

It will be okay, they will make it out of this.

“We will pull through,” Kasai muttered to no one in particular, voicing Eli’s recurring thoughts. “We can do this.”

Eli felt Kori nod solemnly.

Just then, the tip of the saw appeared at the top of the door, and started slicing downwards, cutting into tough stone.

“Get ready.” Kasai whispered, and crouched lower to the ground, licking her dry lips.

Kori nodded and did the same, her ice blue eyes studying the chainsaw’s blade nervously.

Just then, Eli realised that she had been forced out of Kori’s body, and was standing on her own beside the white laboratory tables.

She had no time to ponder about it though, as that very moment, the door fell open and at its mouth stood the Man in his devilish black mask.

“Now!”

Eli watched in horror as the Man chuckled and readied his chainsaw, and took the two werewolves on in a battle to the death.

Kasai’s fiery red eyes were almost all Eli could see as she lunged and struck.

The Man lifted his chainsaw, ready to saw her in half. Having transformed into her wolf form, she ducked underneath him and swirled around to target his neck.

“Don’t think that you can avoid me so easily, my little rats.” He turned around swiftly, and punched her hard in her throat.

Choking, Kasai was forced to lumber away from him to catch her breath while growling and snapping.

“Kori!!” She tried to yell out, but was caught in another coughing spasm.

Her clone, hearing her cry, leapt into the air, landing in her wolf form, and tried to bite the Man’s arm.

He shirked it off easily, and with an evil glint in his eyes, brought his chainsaw down.

XXXXX

Blood and bone.

XXXXX

[Nishikino-Yazawa Residences]

“Eli, why don’t you take off those gloves? We are indoors now.” Umi queried, closing the red velvet curtains in the living room.