Our Pain

“I hope you realise just how much your choices are affecting them.” He told me, and I nodded in reply.

“Of course I do. But I will do anything for my little girl.”

XXXXX

“MAKI! UMI!” Eli shouted, running to them as they fell, twitching to the floor as black poison crept up their veins. “NO! NO!”

“Shoot. Let’s get out of here.” Shiro cursed under his breath and escorted Eli out the door. “My men are waiting outside.”

“How about...”

“My siblings?” He smiled, catching sight of the blonde’s shock spreading across her face. “I’ll make sure to take care of them.”

“Carry them out,” He instructed his men, leaving Nozomi and Eli with them. “I doubt that that shadow thing will come back now that it has what it wants.”

Eli and Nozomi were accompanied to a waiting car and they got into it, with Eli being a crying mess and Nozomi trying to comfort her as much as possible.

“Shh...shh...Elichi...” Nozomi soothed, letting the blonde cry into her shoulder. “It’s okay...I’m here...”

The reality sank in, and Eli knew that this should could only make the best out of her situation. She would not appear as weak in such circumstances, but she could not help but cry for her friends’ lives.

And for her own.

XXXXX

“Elichi...” A soft whisper broke into her dreams, bringing the blonde out of her slumber. “Are you feeling better?”

“Y-Yes...” Eli mumbled, clutching her head, her vision swimming in and out of focus.

“You were having a bad dream.” Nozomi wrapped her arms gently around her in comfort. “And you kept calling my name.”

Eli blushed faintly and buried her face into Nozomi’s shoulder, breathing in her scent.

“There’s no need to be embarrassed, Elichi.” She giggled, tightening her hold on the blonde. “I missed you.”

Eli sighed, “Me too.”

They stayed like that for a while, just silence filling the void between them.

Then, Eli broke it, “Where are we?”

“Nico-cchi’s house.”

“How about Maki and Umi?” The blonde asked urgently, concerned about the fates of both her friends.

Nozomi’s green eyes saddened slightly, “They’re in the hospital. Together with the others.”

“The...others?”

“Seki-cchi’s siblings.”

Hoseki...they were her siblings all along... Eli let go of Nozomi and got up from the bed slowly, with her girlfriend following quickly after.

“Eli-chan, you’re awake!” Eli heard Honoka’s voice exclaim as she pushed the door to her room open.

Then, she felt a pair of arms snake around her waist and pull her into a hug, “Welcome back, Eli-chan!”