Chapter 4.2 | A Stormy Mind

[Calum Achorn]

I woke up to Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata playing softly in the background.

I glance at the clock on my bedside table.

6:30 a.m.

"Shit." I curse and get out of my bed. My flight for New York was in two hours, and I didn't want to be late.

I brush my teeth in a matter of minutes, and take a shower. When I come out it's 6:40, so I trudge downstairs to have my breakfast...

And find no one there.

Trying not to show the anger in my voice, I call for my maid.

"Mary!"

"Yes, Sir! Mr Achorn! Is there a fire in the house, sir?" The obese woman I'd seen in my kitchen since I was two years old, rushes into the hall.

"No, Mary. But I want my breakfast now. My flight's in two hours." I say hurriedly and start my phone to check for any messages and emails.

There's a message from Timothy.

"Open the door." It read.

He was standing with a huge shopping bag when I let him in.

"Calum, we have a situation." He said sheepishly.

~•~

[Mary, The Maid]

"No." The smooth voice of my boss barks from inside.

"I don't think you understand..." The rattling voice of his friend protests.

"No."

"Calum!"

"Timothy Green, I will not disguise myself for my flight to New York."

"But I couldn't get you first class tickets! If you just barge into the buisness class with your four bodyguards in tow, people will swarm around you and the plane will crash into the Statue of Liberty!"

"I won't put this vile stuff over my head."

"That's just hair gel!"

"I will not wear these eerie clothes!"

"Those are just jeans!"

"They are ripped! Who did you steal it from?"

"That's what people expect young people to wear!"

"I will not put on this necklace that reads 'S-W-A-G."

"You have to!"

"The people will make fun of me the moment they lay eyes on me."

"The people won't know it's you!"

"I'll be branded as a mad man, my pictures will be printed on the front page of every magazine."

"No one's gonna know it's you!"

"I can't wear these ripped jeans and this horrendous 'Metal rocks' T-Shirt! This is ridiculous, Timothy!"

"We gotta change your eye colour too. And your hairstyle."

[A minute later]

"What have you done to my hair?"

"They call it spikes."

"You transformed my hair into thorns?"

"It looks good on you."

"I will throttle you if word spreads out about this."

"Trust me, I won't tell a soul."

I chuckle.

~•~

[Calum Achorn]

I slipped through the back door and ordered my bodyguards to follow me in another car. Luckily, none of my neighbours or my maid saw me sneaking out. Given my disguise, I didn't think they could even recognise me.

Timothy went back after he'd ensured that I didn't bail out from our agreement. I was tempted to put on my old, black suit after he was gone, but I knew that I'd be in deep trouble if I did. Paparazzi can be a pain sometimes.

The ride to the airport took about fifteen minutes. I still had ten minutes to spare when I boarded the plane. The people never even batted an eye at me, even though I could feel the eyes of my bodyguards boring into my back and I was sure they were snickering behind my back. I ignored them though, there was nothing I could do now.

There was no one on the seat next to me, so I was glad about the fact that I wouldn't have to make small talk with anyone.

My happiness was shortlived, however, because twenty minutes later, a woman with striking blue eyes rushed into the plane, threw away her bags, and plopped on the seat next to me. I sighed quietly.

When the flight takes off, she gives me a small sideways glance and then looks away.

"Hey, I'm Ambrosia Bellemore." She says, not even looking at me. She was the talkative type, obviously.

"Okay."

"Uh..?" She trailed off, but when I didn't respond, she sighed quitely and made herself comfortable.

I spare her a glance, noticing her ordinary features. But when I look away, I notice her shoes. Bright, ruby heels.

Something about them tugs a string.

I look back at her face, and this time she meets my gaze. A look of confusion crosses her features.

After a minute of just blatant staring, she finally opens her mouth.

"Benjamin?"

~•~

*Not edited. At all.*