Chapter 27 | Churned your Heart Like Willy Wonka's Chocolate Waterfall

[Calum Achorn]

I watched through the monitor as Ambrosia Bellemore walked into the office. I waited for her to walk up the stairs till the first floor, and then take the elevators. She did that everyday, and it was mysteriously endearing.

I watched her as she...

"That's creepy." Timothy pipes up from behind me. I freeze and turn around slowly. He was standing with his arms crossed against the wall, a confident smirk on his face.

Still looking at him, I switch off the computer.

"I already saw." His smirk grows larger.

"Saw what?" I challenge him, a lump forming in my throat.

"I saw you ogling at your assistant. And don't get me started on the way you were looking at her at Cassandra's birthday."

"You won't tell anyone. Not. A. Word." I warn him, rising slowly from my chair to overpower him with my height, but he just grins back up at me.

"I hid all my candies. You've got nothing against me now." He boasts.

"Oh well. Then I must tell Caecelia about Victoria," He looks at me, his eyes narrowing in confusion. "The blondie you gave all your tootsie rolls to?" I prod.

"You wouldn't!" He starts, slouching slightly.

"Try me, Green." I sneer, crossing my arms and smirking evilly at him.

"I wasn't going to tell anyone!" He explains hurriedly.

"Yeah?"

"Yes! I swear! I just wanted to know what all this was about!" He shrieks, pointing at my monitor.

"It's complicated, Green."

"Well, complicated is my middle name."

"No, your middle name is Hubberman." I retort slyly and he gives me a pointed look.

I sigh.

"Okay. Remember the woman I met on my flight to New York?"

"The woman who got on your nerves at first and then made you fall for her weird charms and irritatingly beautiful looks? The woman who got you all dreamy and lovey-dovey? The woman whose shoes you hide in your drawer? The woman who unlocked you deep fried and frozen heart and melted it and churned it up like Willy Wonka's chocolate waterfall?"

After he was done, I try to take deep breaths. I even count till one thousand so that I wouldn't cut off his head and feed it to the hounds.

"Yes, Timothy."

"Well, what about her?"

"Remember the hideous costume you put me in for that flight?"

"What? Did I hear correctly? Did you say that the costume I put you in was complete genius?" He rubs his eyes for good measure.

Idiot.

"Yeah well, the girl was Ambrosia." I say with a sigh.

Timothy looks at me with a look of absolute beffudlement for a moment and then he grins.

"That's great, right? You don't even have to do anything! You're in love with each other already!"

I stare at him, waiting for him to get it.

I wait a bit more, since he was still looking at me like I'd given him a Jaguar for his birthday.

After a minute, I give up and shake my head.