Chapter 37 | Ed Sheeran Wouldn't Treat Me This Way

Let me begin by saying,"aagshjdjisnsjs. I like your shoes' is #10 in Humor! Who would have thought?

I'm like so, so grateful to you guys for supporting me and loving my slightly demented and insane characters that never do what they should. I love you all, my unipotatoes.❤

Second of all, check out the amazing (which doesn't cover it) cover above (and the one in the next chapter) by IdeallySassy. Thank you sister and I love you!

Third of all, it's high time we give a ship name to Ambrosia and Calum! What are your ideas? Throw them at me!

Fourth of all, just so you know, you can kill a person by stamping on their foot. If you do it hard enough, you can break their bones. But don't do it without adult supervision.

Happy reading!

[Calum Achorn]

Our flight to Venice was a quite one, unlike last time. Ambrosia kept quiet, which I took as a sign of keeping me out. Most of the time, she seemed to be thinking. Or plotting, you'll never know with that woman.

The conversations we did have, though, were curt and informational. She would ask me a question about the ball, I'd answer, she'd nod in apprehension, and we'd fall back into the unfamiliar and awkward silence.

It was driving me crazy.

Why did I ever want her to shut up before?

Irritate me, for God's sakes!

After a few minutes, I couldn't stand it anymore.

"Miss Bellemore?"

"Yes, sir?"

"Your coffee sucks."

"Very well, Sir."

Apparently, it didn't work.

After a few minutes, I had to try again.

"Miss Bellemore?"

"Yes, sir?"

"You wear men's clothes and you look horrendous in them."

"I'm aware, sir."

What?

I had to try something better.

For the final show.

"Miss Bellemore?"

"Yes, sir?"

"You have a huge nose."

The woman rose like a tornado.

"Excuse me?"

"I said, you have a huge, snobby nose and it looks like a chicken wing that's gone bad." I say, trying very hard not to laugh at her expression.

She looks at me like she wants to turn me into a chicken nugget itself but then she remembers who I am and seems to calm herself down a little. But not enough.

I can still work with this.

"And did I mention that your facial features kind of remind me of a gnome?" I widen my eyes a little to show her how serious I am.

"But they're kind of cute," She protests, her forehead furrowed in that cute way when she tries hard to make a point.

"But not you, Miss Bellemore." I assure her, my smile patronising, while I was shaking with laughter from the inside.