Chapter 48 | Dogs And Dates

[Calum Achorn]

I wasn't impulsive, nor was I ever adventurous. When my friends in college went on hikes and trips to quench their adrenaline cravings, I preferred cramming business study books to hone my skills.

When they started asking girls out on dates, I preferred making business deals with other companies to make Achorn House one of the biggest publishing houses in the world. Love was a waste of time, and money. Especially money.

But now, with the sword of my first real date hanging over my head, I was forced to reconsider some things. Ambrosia wasn't a typical woman, no one could argue with that. And for a woman like that, a simple, romantic, candle light dinner won't suffice.

I sat in my office, my laptop opened at an empty document, chewing on my upper lip and racking my brain for some godforsaken brilliant idea that would make Ambrosia Bellemore jump into my arms at the end of the night (in a good way).

A few minutes ago, I'd resorted to Google, which according to Timothy was a search engine that could provide answers to every single dilemma. But sadly, it didn't work for me.

I started typing into the empty document.

Things Ambrosia loves:

1. Food
2. Her dog
3. And other food items...?

Places I can take her on a date:

1. A restaurant
2. Where she can eat...?

Sighing with frustration, I give up. This was supposed to get easier after a few hours. I was half tempted to walk into her office a steps away and demand where she wants to be taken. But I was sure that she'd just smirk and not give me an answer.

Stubborn, head strong woman!

I resort to calling Timothy again.

"Still no luck?" He asks the moment he picks up.

"None," I say.

"Caecelia says Ambrosia loves dogs. Why don't you gift her one?"

"That's not a good idea," I say, remembering how she dotted on that golden retriever of hers. Her husband supposedly, wouldn't like it if his wife's attention was divided.

"Where did you take Caecelia on your first date?" I ask.

"To Disneyland," He says. I snort but compose it into a cough quickly.

"Don't be sassy. It was very romantic. I proposed to her there. It's our special place," He says.

Something painful lodges itself in my throat.

"You proposed to her on your first date?!"

"Yeah. We didn't see the point of daddling. It was true love, why wait?"

"Typical," I say, shaking my head.

"Oh wait, Caecelia just gave me an awesome idea for your date. I'm emailing it to you." He says.

"Her ideas aren't as shrewd as yours, right?"

"Nope. Check it out."

I open the email he sent me. Scrolling through the little brochure, the worry lines on my forehead slowly starts to slacken, and a broad smile starts spreading on my lips.

"Did you like it?"

"She's going to love it!"

~•~

[Ambrosia Bellemore]

Whatever he was planning, Calum Achorn seemed to be a little too pleased with himself.

I watched with hooded eyes as he smiled at every single employee that crossed his path and even smiled at Ian, the new intern he'd threatened to fire just yesterday.

I didn't mind it too much, though. If what he'd planned was so magnificent that it made him smile, it will surely show me the time of my life. Or so I hoped.

Our date was supposedly this evening but a little note was delivered to me in the afternoon by a giddy looking Kailey.

Change of plans. I'll pick you up at seven tomorrow from your place. Wear something comfortable.

"Wear something comfortable?!" I say, the letter slipping from my fingers. "I spent 200 dollars on that godforsaken red dress!"

Chauvinistic, bossy bastard.

~•~

Ahhhhh, don't kill me for the short chapter! I have so much planned for the next chapter and I had to do a lot of research (since I've never been to New York) so, next chapter is going to be, BOMB!

What do you think Calum has planned? Comment your theories!

Until next chapter guys! I've got to plan the perfect date for our Billionaire and his sarcastic, sassy girlfriend.