Chapter 13 | A Troll, An Alien

[The next morning, Ambrosia Bellemore]

"Wake up or I'll squeeze a bottle ketchup in your mouth." I hear someone say.

What a queer alarm tune.

"There's a huge cockroach on your pillow, Ambrosia. It's staring at you with it's huge beady eyes."

I know it's eyes would bleed out after staring at me so much.

"Ambrosia, I ordered pizza."

My eyes fly open. I rip off the blanket covering me and sit up, swinging my legs over the side and..

Snap.

"Holymotherofgod." I holler.

"Ha. I knew you'd fall for it." The voice says proudly.

"You didn't have to cake the whole floor with rattraps, Frey." I complain, massaging my sore thumb.

"You weren't waking up."

"I didn't want to wake up."

"It's afternoon."

"It's sunday."

"I thought we could do some yoga together." Freida groans.

"I thought I could sleep in peace, alone." I grumble as I get off my bed and..

Snap! Snap!

"Holy shi-! clean up the damn room!" I shriek and stomp into the bathroom, trying to avoid the traps, which ultimately made me look like a frog thrown into boiling water.

Once safe in the bathroom, I stare into the mirror at my reflection, noticing how strikingly similar my features were to that of a troll.

"Me hungry. Me need food." I grumble under my breath and chuckle, my blue eyes shining with a light that I'd never seen in them before.

"There's something wrong with you, Ambrosia. Smiling without reason like that, you're definitely going crazy." I mumble under my breath, imitating my mother when she lectured me for hours on end.

But I knew exactly what was wrong with me. It revolved around a particular man who had given me the most entertaining twenty four hours of my life, and a bottle of very expensive wine.

"It's the rum. It's just because of the rum."

~•~

[The next morning, Calum Achorn]

"Hello? Are you in there? Did some alien possess your body? If you can't speak, give me some sign. A wink for yes and a shake for no. Come on, are you alright?"

I blink.

"Why are you blinking? What does that mean? Is the alien messing with your body?"

Where am I?

"In the name of the father, the son and the holy spirit, I condemn you back to the planet you came from!"

"Timothy, shut up!"

"Oh, it worked! Oh thank goodness, you're all right! Are you okay? Is the alien gone?"

"What?"

"Of course! You don't remember, do you? Well, an alien took possession of your body! You couldn't blink, move or talk. I finally managed to force it out of your body and..."