The Prophet

Alexis and Diane's last few weeks were really busy, but just for this once, they didn't mind the stress at all. Their new appartment was almost twice as big as their previous one. Actually, it was hard for them to leave their old flat in West Haven - there were too many memories attached to it. But life gave them a chance and they intended to use it to the fullest.

After buying the flat (Alexis had to do all the bureaucracy, with a little help of Reverend Warren who was a little sad that the girls were leaving his home district), they began to furnish it. And they weren't afraid to spend more on quality. They chose their new furniture and electrical appliances in the best stores Serenity Square district could offer.

The empty flat soon started to look more like home. Alexis' room started to take shape of a library ("Do you really read all of this?" asked one of the assistants carrying numerous boxes filled with the girl's books) while Diane's became a mess shortly in some mysterious ways since Diane didn't even have enough time to settle in.

Diane could finally afford a giant flat-screen TV with an internet connection ("For Netflix and chill, only without the chill") and the internet was made accessible through the Li-fi lightbulbs. In their old house, they had to use standard wi-fi connection whose connection speed was often questionable.

And then, there was a main reason of their moving. Anna lived just two floors above them and she came to visit them every day - instead of long TEx journeys, she only had to press a button in the elevator. When they broke the news to Augustus for the first time, he didn't seem pleased ("When I suggested them to move here, I meant it sarcastically, Jesus Christ!"), but soon after, he began to help them with their moving.

Three weeks later, the moving was complete and the girls could finally settle in their new home.

"Hello there, neighbours!" Anna greeted them when she stepped into their flat. Sisters decided to give her own keycard so she could come in as often as she wanted - Anna became something like third sister and their bond grew even stronger. Y'know, you have to do some ghost-hunting together to be real friends, Diane claimed.

"Annie, it's you!" Alexis smiled at her while preparing lunch. "Do you want to come here with Augustus for some food? Today's menu contains a steak with fries."

"I thought that you eat only caviare and shrimps, now when you're rich," Anna smirked.

"Well, we spent majority of the budget on this flat and we have only some of the money left," Alexis explained. "It's enough to live quite comfortably for a while, but we didn't give up our job. Investigating paranormal occurences is more like a mission for us; well, we have very little choice with this," she pointed at the feather-shaped insignia on her hand.

Anna nodded. "And I'll continue being your IT specialist if you don't mind."

"Of course, we demand it. We wouldn't be able to solve the Possessed case without you."

She casually chatted with Alexis for a while, then joined Diane who was intensively testing her new gaming console, another thing they wouldn't be able to afford without Gray Forrestal's donation. Alexis couldn't join them because she was too busy with the meal, so she at least watched their Tekken fights.

"Okay, the meal is ready," Alexis announced somewhere around noon. "Annie, come and bring Gus."

"It smells delicious!" Anna said and guided her wheelchair to the front door. She opened them and stood face-to-face with a middle-aged man with short black hair and glasses dressed in blue flannel shirt and jeans. He looked at the girl and raised his eyebrows. "Excuse me," he said. "Are you one of the Warren sisters?"