The Angel Voice

I knew that he would fail sooner or later, but I expected him to take out at least one of the threats. The best assassin I could hire... gone. It seems I am on my own from now.

They somehow managed to foil all of his plans. How is that possible? I have no viable answers for this. Or there mabe is one after all, one I am hesitant to admit. Their intelligence, capability, teamwork and... mutual love drive them forward.

The strength in numbers. Each member of their team multiplies their power rather than only adding. That is why I need to slowly eliminate them, one by one.

The deeper the affection, the more destruction will the loss cause.

Their naive ideas of love and friendship can be easily turned against them.

The infamous Warren sisters will soon experience solitude, grief, sorrow. I still have many plans left to execute. But the day of my rebirth is coming. I cannot afford to have competition. Cannot afford to have this plan foiled just like the plan with the Chance Arlington-wannabe.

I cannot prolong the waiting much longer. My power is hitting the lowest possible levels and I have to take doses so frequently the people are starting to be suspicious. Besides that, one more duty towards my city awaits me. I just wish I could just throw that idiotic show over my shoulder, but if I did not show up there, some people may start to get suspicious even more.

People are good at connecting small clues and building bigger pictures, especially Gwendolyn and her daughters. Besides that, I will have numerous sources available, just in case my weakness would catch me unguarded. Maybe I should really focus on something else for a while.

<<>>

For the seventeen-years-old Viola Christensen, it was the best day ever. She was anxiously waiting among many other young people of both genders and all races in a splendid foyer of the Gabriel's Gardens opera house in the Centre, not so far away from Angel Square.

The interior, mostly colored in white and gold, was built to resemble ancient Roman style with magnificent pillars and detailed statues of animals. The sun shone through huge windows, illuminating the whole room even without the giant crytsal chandelier above their heads.

Today was the first day of audition for The Angel's Voice, a singing competition in Gabriel's Gardens aimed at young people which happened once every three years. The foyer was, for this event only, decorated by posters depicting a blonde female angel holding a harp with the competition's name above her.

Viola already had a tag with a number on her sleeveless black blouse. She tried to look as well as she could today - everyone knew that the competiton isn't only about singing. She was wearing a short black skirt and black hair tied into an elegant top bun. She chose just a gentle make-up, to hide the imperfections on her pretty, tanned face, and a bright red lipstick.

Three years ago, when she was fourteen, the judges didn't let her through the casting. This time, it will be different, she was sure about it. She practiced her singing and also looked better. All the people around her... she will be better than all of them and win the main prize, fifty thousand dollars and a contract with the label which will record her own album.

Her dream? Becoming a famous singer, idol, a fashion icon.

After several hours of anxious waiting and casual chatting with her competition, it was finally Viola's turn to sing. The big stage didn't leave her in awe as much as it did for the first time, but she still felt shivers in her stomach. The audience clapped as she appeared in the spotlight. She gulped.