The Good Luck Charm

December was just around the corner and the weather slowly started to get chilly. The sun over the University of Gabriel's Gardens was setting as the last classes of that day ended. The groups of friends met on the school's courtyard, saying their goodbyes and elaborating plans for the weekend.

James Saints, an Afroamerican boy with a significant talent for writing, turned to the girl who just left the building through the main door. "Bye, Alexis!" he told her with a smile.

"See ya on Monday, Jim," Alexis returned the smile.

Even though Alexis attended the university for several months already, she still enjoyed walking through the courtyard, seeing the groups of students, hearing the rustling in the trees growing all over the campus. It was still hard to believe for her she actually studies.

Her last lecture for today was the American history. She didn't enjoy the subject as much as some other, but the young and enthusiastic professor could make it at least acceptable. She was, however, still hyped from the early morning literature class where the professor proclaimed her poem as excellent.

She was wearing a black blouse, dark blue jacket and a long black skirt with stockings underneath. The school had no dress code, yet nobody was picking on Alexis' old-fashioned dressing style. There was no bullying or stupid hierarchy. In fact, Alexis was able to find some friends; Jim Saints and several others. They formed a small group and often studied together.

In other words, Alexis found a perfect life for herself. All thanks to Gray Forrestal and his money - and also his generosity. Gray was never hesistant to bless his friends with expensive gifts, especially if these friends saved him from an immortal being disguised as the mayor of the city.

As soon as she left through the university's gate, she heard roaring of the engines. She looked at the university parking lot and immediately noticed a shiny black motorcycle with blood red highlights and a picture of red rose on each side. Next to it stood a girl in ripped jeans and leather jacket, holding a similarly decorated helmet under her hand. The wind mischievously played with her long brown hair.

"Diane!" Alexis scolded her. "How many times do I have to tell you this lot is for students only?"

Her sister smirked. "Who needs rules with a machine like this?" She handed Alexis the second helmet standing on the bike's seat. "Put it on, we're going home."

Alexis sighed and crossed herself. Rides on her sister's new machine always promised an experience full of adrenaline. Diane already received three tickets for speeding and with her attitude, they're not going to be the last. She tried to control herself when she took Alexis for a ride, but it was still much faster than she'd welcome.

Anyway, she put on the helmet, sat behind Diane and firmly grasped her waist. Diane revved the engine several times and hit the road.

"Wohoo!" Diane cheered after she overtook most of the cars on the roadway. "Sex is good, but have you ever tried this? Best feeling in the world!"

"How do you know that sex is good?" Alexis asked, her head clinging onto Diane's back.

"I don't know, sis, most people say that."

Even though she was almost twenty, Diane was still a virgin and she wasn't ashamed of that. She was bubbly and extroverted, but sensitive about such topic. My Little Deedee is impenetrable, she said. Getting through the defenses will be a honor for some dude someday.

"Speaking about that, I feel kinda bad for Gus," Diane continued after a while. "That man is almost thirty and he never had a girlfriend so far!"

"I'd say it's his choice," Alexis tried to be louder than the bike engine, "but sometimes, when I'm with Annie, he just looks at us... sad. He supports our relationship and everything, but it's obvious he also needs love. We all do."