monoma neito

awkward

"hey monoma, are you busy after school today?" you picked at your fingernails and tried your hardest not to look him in his eyes. he on the other hand was at a loss for words, you had pulled him aside to ask him this?

"why do you care?" he asked while leaning against the wall behind him. you nervously shifted your weight from one foot to the other and chewed on bottom lip before finally speaking up.

"i was just wondering if you uhm... maybe wanted to hang with me later...." you trailed off. your eyes travelled from your feet, up to his face. his eyebrows we're knitted together in a look of confusion. you were were bracing yourself for rejection when he finally answered.

"sure i guess," he said while rubbing the back of his neck.

oh. you were dead sure he was going to say no. so sure, that you didn't think of anything to say if he said yes.

"cool," you squeaked, "i'll meet you at the gates after school, yeah?" he gave a curt nod as he turned on his heel and made his way to class. you watched him until he turned a corner and disappeared from your sight.

you promptly buried your face in your hands and let out a muffled groan. for the love of god, why were you so damn awkward? you couldn't even tell that the boy was briskly walking back towards you until he seized your shoulders and almost gave you a heart attack.

his face was red and he seemed out of breath. "monoma are you al-"

"when you said hang out did you mean hanging out casually or like... hanging out like a date?"

"like a date...? but only if you want it to be!" you answered with a timid laugh. he heaved out a sigh. he almost looked relieved.

"yeah," he breathed, flashing you a small smile,

"a date it is."

__________________________

( wwww i luv monoma)