kendou itsuka

when you're ready

(love writing self indulgent shit! anyways in this story reader is explicitly a closeted wlw. also platonic dekusquad bc yes)

you were seated comfortably on izuku's bed, with a blanket haphazardly draped over your shoulders. you lazily smiled as you watched your friends chatter amongst themselves. the gentle buzz of your phone altered you to a new message, which you quickly opened.

From: bighand gf
is the lady busy tomorrow??? 0v0

you giggled at the nickname. she loved calling you "her lady," despite the fact that no one heard it but you. no one know you were in a relationship with her. well none of your friends did. thankfully the only person that did, was Tetsutestu, and he was to thank for introducing you to your now girlfriend. despite the way he appears, he's quite the excellent matchmaker.

To: bighand gf
no the lady is not! what r u planning u sneak?

From: bighand gf
I am. Not. A sneak. And I just want to have lunch w you tomorrow >:(

uraraka's stifled giggle made you look up from your screen. she and izuku had recently, finally, begun dating. a couple still in the honeymoon phase, flustered touches and sweet words always exchanged. you wished you could do the same. but you were scared. scared of what they would think of you. your parents were upset, always short with you. they never contacted you anymore, when you visited thy were cordial at best. they treated you like a stranger. your phone buzzed again.

From: bighand gf
you there? has my offer of a delicious fast food feast rendered you speechless?

To: bighand gf
I'm fine, sorry. Just thinking

From: bighand gf
its ok you know. you don't have to tell them until you're ready.

To: bighand gf
how do u know me so well :/

From: bighand gf
im your girlfriend. its like my job to know you better than you know yourself. but im serious. stop stressing and take things at your own pace.

uraraka prodded your side, making you jump. she laughed at your startled state and resumed her previous position next to you.

"who are you texting?" she teased, "got a secret boyfriend you're not telling us about?" you almost laughed at the prospect, despite it kind of being the truth. minus the boy part. your friend stared at you expectantly, patiently awaiting an answer.

"no," you began, "do not have a boyfriend." they way you spat the last word made izuku visibly tense.

"is it kaminari?" the girl asked, "or kirishima?" you groaned at her attempts to get an answer out of you.  she kept listing of boys in your class, each one even more absurd than the last.

"what about todoroki!" she said, making the boy look at her in confusion.

"im right here," he quietly reminded her. she apologized, muttering that he was too quiet that she forgot.

iida spoke up, "im sure this interrogation isn't going to wield any results, much like last time you did this."

"whatever! im gonna get it out of her if it's the last thing I do!" She exclaimed. you rolled your eyes and once again unlocked your phone. a new message from your girlfriend appeared.

From: bighand gf
they're sweethearts really. i know they won't hate you.

Just tell them when you're ready. I'll be there for you either way.

____________________________________
I love..... wonan. Kendou is my best girl and needed to write smthn for her since she's so underrated. I wonder if you can tell my sexual preference by the stories I write. Anyways until next time.
-sal