Chapter Ten

BEFORE Y'ALL START READING:

Ivy is 13 not 15. I changed her age back a few years after rewatching the movies lol and if you read the book again now it'll make more sense since I've changed stuff.

Anyways, enjoy the chapter :)

* *

Reaching my hand up, I jumped and grabbed onto the closest branch of the apple tree above me. I yanked off the ripest one and let the branch swing back into its place. I carried on down the footpath, rubbing the apple against my clothes to clean it before taking a bite.

I was on my way home after taking a quick trip to the store to get some ice cream. It was barely midday and the sun was blazing hot today, hence the ice cream.

I looked at my half eaten apple once I'd had my fill, and then looked around for a bin.

Instead I saw the perfect substitute;

Jace.

He might be 13 now but he was still the same piece of shit from back in the day. He still came to my school and we were practically in the same classes too.

Arthur, my innocent childhood friend, got moved to a different school after his parents moved him away from me. Apparently I was very violent and hence too much of an influence on him.

Can't say they're wrong.

And Jace's best buddy Edward?

His parents took him out of the country to try and get him away from me.

Me and Jace though, we went to the same school and lived in the same neighbourhood. I couldn't get rid of this one.

"Yo Jace!", I yelled.

He stopped talking to his friends and turned his head around to me. I threw the apple at him, watching as it hit one of his goons when Jace dodged it. I burst out laughing as the guy fell off the fence he was sitting on, and I began to jog away to avoid getting anything thrown back. I was about to start running when I saw Jace lift his hand up and wave, a grin evident on his face.

"Ivy! Wait up!"

I sighed, slowing down to a walk to let him catch up to me.

"Make it quick. Ice-creams melting", I told him as he caught up, putting his arm over my shoulder and walking in sync with me.

"That's no way to greet your friend, Ivy", he gasped in fake shock.

I snorted, pushing his arm off of my shoulder.

"You don't have any friends, remember? You might have had one, once upon a time, right up until he left the bloody country to get away from you", I laughed, loving it when I saw Jace's speechless expression.

He grinned, taking his time to think of a comeback.

"Yeah well, yours didn't exactly stick around either", he retorted, referring to Arthur. I nodded, smiling nonetheless.

"Young and rejected", I admitted, faking heartbreak and faltering in my steps as I held my heart with both hands.

Jace burst into laughter, agreeing with my words. I laughed back and we began walking together again towards my house. We carried on making jokes, remembering Arthur and Edward as we did every now and then. We were around a block away from my house before I heard a crash. I stopped mid-sentence to listen more carefully.