Chapter Eighteen

"Hey kids", I said, walking over to Ash, Blue Eyes, Holly and Mia. They all stopped what they were doing and turned to greet me. They looked to be in some sort of argument before I'd interrupted.

"What's up?", I asked, noticing the frustration on all their faces.

"Blue and Ash think because they're boys that they're stronger than us. And they won't even fight us to prove them wrong", Mia explained, looking very annoyed.

"We won't fight girls", Ash signed, shaking his head.

"Father said to never lay a hand on a female", Blue signed.

"Your dad needs to let loose, kid", I said grinning.

"You should've seen the way we fought as kids. We fought once when we woke up, and then once before bed. Like clockwork. Sure, under different circumstances it's not right to hit people, but there's nothing wrong with a bit of play fighting."

Sure, Caesar did usually win them fights. But that was besides the point.

I watched as both Holly and Mia crossed their arms and turned to face the boys, sizing them up with their eyes. The boys began to look slightly uncomfortable.

"Alright. How about you fight me instead?", I suggested, all four pairs of eyes snapping towards me. I wasn't too keen on Mia and Holly getting hurt anyways, even though I knew they were more than capable of taking care of themselves.

"Don't worry. I'll go easy on you both", I smirked. They shook their heads immediately.

"Come on. Think of it as training. If I can take your dad, I can definitely take you both. I'm not even fully human either", I said, crouching slightly and putting my hands up in a defensive position.

"Ivy!", someone yelled from behind me. I sighed, closing my eyes and standing straight again. I opened my eyes and turned around with a smile on my face.

"Yes?", I said innocently.

"What are you doing?", Caeser signed, shaking his head at me in disappointment.

"Just a bit of training with the kids", I said, shrugging my shoulders. He sighed, looking down at my stomach and then back up at me.

"You should be taking it easy, Ivy", he signed.

Oh yeah. I was pregnant. How could I forget.

"I'm fine, C. Don't worry about it", I smiled, turning back around and starting to get back into fighting position.

A hand lay on my shoulder, forcing me to turn around. He gave me a pointed look.

"Alright. How about an old fashioned race instead?", I suggested, trying to hide my smug smile.

"I won every race we had all those years back C. You think you can win or are you ready to get your ass kicked by a girl again?", I grinned.

I heard the young apes start hooting, Mia and Holly encouraging me. Caesar shook his head, a faint smile on his lips.

"How about you and your girls, and me and my boys?", he suggested. I nodded, my smile getting bigger.

"First one to the road wins. Winners get a free ride back", I stated, stretching my limbs a bit.

"This is going to be easy", Blue signed, looking pretty confident. Ash agreed with him.

"You don't know what you're in for boys", Holly signed, winking at Blue. I watched as he shied away, and my mouth dropped in shock. Looks like me and Holly are in need of a bit of a talk.