Chapter Eleven

"Why did you do it, Miss Rodman? That's all we wanna know", the officer asked.

I sighed, leaning my head back to look up at the ceiling. My hands were cuffed to the table as I sat in some type of interrogation room at the police station.

"You don't have to take your right to remain silent so seriously you know. We already have all the information we need", the officer sneered cockily.

Why's he asking me then?

Absolute cockhead.

"Okay...I see", he nodded, pursing his lips. I watched as he leaned back in his chair, folding his arms across his chest to try and make himself look all mean and scary. His eyes drifted from my face to other places many times, but I didn't react. The less I said, the quicker I'd be out of here.

"We know you have behaviour issues, Ivy."

I looked towards the officer on the left who was silent until now. He was the one who had me on edge a bit. He seemed more clever than his partner, staying silent whilst he came up with his own evil schemes.

"You see, I thought I'd seen you around here before so I searched you up on our system. You're a bit of a hothead, aren't you?", he asked, his poker face on as he gave nothing away.

I looked him in the eyes, taking on this challenge he was throwing at me.

"That monkey pet of yours? He's already been locked away. You're never seeing him again, you know that? He's in his own prison right now, and your gonna be getting to yours real soon kid", he told me, leaning across the table and towards my face.

My eye twitched at that one.

"Your Dad's been trying to get through to you. Calling every five minutes", he carried on. My eyes widened in hope. Was he coming to get me?

"Turns out he's leaving you here. Your Dad thought the monkey was more important than his own daughter, so he's gone to save him instead", he sneered, smiling cockily.

I frowned at him. Did he think I was going to get mad at my Dad for trying to save Caesar first? He actually had no idea how relieved I was right now.

I visibly relaxed and I knew I'd made a mistake. The officers eyes filled with fur; anger at the fact that he couldn't get to me.

"Answer me this, Rodman. What's wrong with that mental Grandpa of yours?"

B*tch, come again?

~~~

I stood facing the wall with my hands tied. We stood in the reception, waiting for an officer of higher command to decide what he wanted done with me. I wasn't allowed to move until the officer finished talking to his colleague. I perked my ears to eavesdrop.

"How the hell did she manage to get out of them cuffs?", he whisper-yelled. I grinned at that, looking down at my wrists at the new pair of cuffs.

"She broke my nose and I can't even press charges on the little shit", he complained, holding an ice pack to his nose. I looked at my knuckles, seeing a few bruises forming on them. I wasn't going to admit it to anyone but they were hurting quite a bit right now.