Vampire Guardian: Chapter 12.

Chapter 12.

Naive - The Kooks

I look down at my phone biting my bottom lip. I haven't seen him for a week. A week. I skim my finger across his name.

I click on it and the phone starts to ring. He doesn't pick up the line and I bite my finger in annoyance.

"Hey Peter it's Scarlet. Haven't heard from you for days. Wanna know how you are. Call me soon." I leave a voicemail before hanging up.

~*~

As the days went by I felt alone. Vulnerable. Karley and Brad would come over and keep me company but I would zone out. Classes flew by and I tried to copy as much work as I can. I called in sick at work. I stayed home.

I would lay on the couch day and night, binge watching shows. I would pray he'd come over and sit with me. We can talk and go out for food. We can laugh and admire each other's eyes.

I sound crazy feeling for a guy that I've known for a couple of days. However he made me feel alive. Especially the night with my father. When I saw him stand up for me the hole in my heart felt whole. It's as if he wanted to protect me for the rest of his life.

I get off the couch and I grab my car keys. Maybe he's home. I should go to him.

I drive to the complex that he told me he lives in. I drive through the small parking lot, pulling over on the side. I look at the apartment buildings wondering which one is his.

I turn the car off and everything goes dark. I try to find Peter's car but it's nowhere to be found. I sit there for a couple of minutes thinking to myself how ridiculous this is. Basically stalking someone.

Voices come out from the dark and I look through the passenger window. I see a girl laughing while Peter's arm is wrapped over her shoulder. I've never seen her before but she must be around his age.

They're both laughing while walking at the stairs of the complex. I watch them from the car now knowing which apartment is Peter's. The girl pushes him up against the wall and kisses him.

My heart grows heavy and I clench my jaw in anger. Peter pulls away with a grin on his lips before opening the door. They both slide in clinging onto each other before the door shuts. And I'm alone again.

I lean my head back and I rub my hands over my face. I hit the steering wheel before driving off. He's seeing other girls. Great. Should I be this angry? It's not like we were dating. But he was so sweet and kind to me I thought there was something between us.

I pull into the diners parking lot and I go inside. I sit alone at the counter where there's a row of empty stools.

I ask the waitress for a chocolate milkshake. I bring my head to a group of high school students laughing at a large table. At the corner of the table is sitting Brad. He does a double take before realizing it's me.

He excuses himself from his friends and walks to me. I take a deep breath playing with the napkin in front of me.

"Scar, hey." He sits at the stool besides me, placing a hand on my arm. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah fine just wanted a milkshake." I lie smiling at him.

"By yourself? Now where has that Peter dude been?"

"Oh I don't know probably doing his own business." I shrug trying to act like I don't care. Brad frowns and moves his hand away.

"Alright well if you want somebody to talk to I'll be over there hanging." He points at the group of his friends throwing straw wrappers at each other.