Vampire Guardian: Chapter 17.

Chapter 17.

High Enough - K. Flay

Days went by and Peter didn't talk about the night I went in his apartment. He didn't say anything bad to me or apologize because of his attitude. Or about the old picture of the young girl in his bedroom. Maybe it was his mother when she was a teenager or his grandmother? I shrugged the thought away.

I'm not going to bring anything up if he isn't.

Saturday morning I woke up after sleeping in and Karley was excited for the Sorority party. When is she not. Brad was also excited because it's his first time going to a college party. My head aches when I think about the last party I went to. Hopefully nothing bad happens.

I texted Peter, informing him on what to buy for our character. We are dressing up as the purge people from the movies. The most simple thing is a white shirt, jeans and a plastic weapon from Party City. Peter didn't want to wear the purge mask so I decided to not buy one for myself.

I got a fake sledgehammer and Peter texted me that he bought a fake knife that had fake blood on it.

At night I was in the bathroom doing my makeup. Someone knocks on the door and I pause from applying my lipstick. I know it's Peter because it was the time he said he'd meet me at my house.

"Come in!" I shout from the bathroom and he greets me with a hello. I finish putting on red lipstick and I walk out of the bathroom.

"Wow," Peter says, checking me out up and down. "You look great."

"Sexy killer?" I say posing in front of him.

"Eh trying too hard." He jokes and I laugh shoving his shoulder while walking by. He follows me to my bedroom and leans on the doorway. "So how does this make us look like murderers." He gestures at our regular daily outfits and I turn to him, holding a bottle of fake blood.

"Because of this. Let's go outside." We go into the backyard and I make Peter stand on the grass. "I'm going to put some fake blood on you."

"Ugh I hate shit on me."

"Shut up you'll be fine." He closes his eyes and I spill some blood on his white shirt and arm. It starts to dry and soon looks like stained dry blood. "Your turn." I give him the bottle and he sprays some on me.

I look down at his work and I was impressed. We go back inside the house and I put on a pair of black booties. I grab my sledgehammer and I receive a message from Karley telling me that she's at the party.

"Are you sure you want to drive?" I turn to Peter as we walk out of the door. He nods his head as we head to his car that's parked at the end of the driveway.

"Positive."

As Peter and I approach the house some of the sorority girls are standing outside of the front door. They check who comes in and greets people before walking in.

"Hey Scarlet!" Courtney cheerfully says to me while leaning against the stair railing. Peter parked his car in the back of the house where there's an acre long backyard. Behind it is woods that eventually take you to the main road. Students always park there cars there whenever they throw a party so cops don't see them.

I smile at Courtney who is dressed as a sexy Pocahontas. Her gaze slowly runs from me to Peter.

"Hi Peter." Her voice changes seductively and Peter winks at her.

"Hello Courtney." He walks up the stairs first and leans close to her. He inhales deeply while she giggles. I roll my eyes pushing past them and walking inside. Peter follows behind and a student from college was being the DJ. Dark strobe lights illuminated everybody's faces as they danced.