Part - 2 The helpless souls

Hello all my lovely readers. I m back with the second update. But before that I would like to thank all of u who voted & commented on the first part of this story. I was overwhelmed with the response I got on my first attempt on writing. Thank you so very much & keep supporting always.

Again a big thanks to Haru2009, Rabiha01 & Ninishita15 for their lovely comments & tremendous support. Love you lots babies😘😘

And here's the update. Enjoy.
************************************

Payal & buaji had to literally drag a lifeless Khushi out of the alter & now she is sitting on her single bed, still in her wedding attire,staring at nothing in particular with swollen red eyes. The stars she had hung above her bed were dangling in a hope of getting her usual attention & her devi maiya's idol sitting on the opposite table was shedding silent tears on her favorite devotee's miserable condition.

Buaji was trying to feed her a few morsel as she has not eaten anything since morning & possibly can faint anytime. But Khushi was sitting averse to her favorite food, probably for the first time. With tearful eyes both Payal & buaji were staring at a numb Khushi, who was in her own world of miseries,oblivious to her surroundings. She had not utter a single word since they have returned from the alter. Felt like buaji's titaliya had lost her wings & can't flutter to save her life. Not able to control anymore buaji kept the plate aside, embraced her in her tight hug & let out a painful cry. But khushi was sitting immobile, observing a dead silence with stony eyes. Payal somehow controlled her tears & asked buaji to control her emotions for Khushi & made Khushi lie down, covered her with a duvet, shut her eyes with her palm, lulling her to sleep. The day's mishap & continues crying took a toll on Khushi & she drifted into peaceful oblivion or rather a restless slumber.

Shashi Gupta, a helpless husband & father. Helpless not because he was paralyzed but because he couldn't do anything to console his innocent daughter, except seeing her shattering bit by bit. He knows his wife is innocent as she had already told him about her past before their marriage itself. But he can't do anything to prove her innocence. Even if he shouts his lungs out on a loudspeaker to make his voice reach to a certain Raizada, he can't.

He never felt this helpless. Not even when that treacherous Shyam tried to kill him to hide his bigamy. He so wants to go & hide his devastated daughter in the warmth of his fatherly embrace & console her that 'Everthing would be fine', but he knows,that's not possible.

Garima Gupta, maasi to Khushi in relation but always showered motherly love & warmth on her. Never let her feel out of family. But when situation demanded, she left her daughter like niece by disowening her for entering into matrimony without the knowledge or consent of her family. Heck,she even slapped her hard & made her feel that she indeed is her maasi & not mother.

But as they say, what goes around comes around.Garima had accused Khushi for degrading her family's love & trust by putting her family's reputation at stake. But today,she herself became the reason for her daughter's life turning into shambles & a ruined future. Her regret for trusting a two timing Raizada & guilt of making her daughter's life pitiful, was not allowing her to go & apologize to her daughter,but let her cry on her fate.

To be continued...

So friends, hope u would like this part too as the first one.
Please vote 🌟 & comment whatever u feel after reading. Your comments encourage me & enlighten me, what to write further.

Love - Kavita 😘