Part - 9 [A] Blast From The Past

Hello again my lovely readers...

A big big thanks to all of you for 200+ likes & awesomazing comments in the previous update...

Love u all lots 😘😘

Now here goes the much awaited update.... Enjoy 😃

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''

"BECAUSE I AM THE SON OF YOUR PARENTS MURDERER."

He shouted on her face, at the top of his voice, clutching her shoulders tightly. His eyes conveying mixed emotions of guilt, anger, pain, sorrow, helplessness & love.

There was a perfect silence in the garden. Only the sound of harsh breaths taken by them & the loud & rapid beating of their hearts could be heard.

But the words said by him seemed to resonate in air.

She was staring at him terrified out of skull.

She was breathing harshly. Her mind still trying to grab what he said. But when she couldn't, she said breaking the unnerving silence that had pulled at her insides.

"Wh...what did you sa....say Arnavji? My parents murderer!!"

He sighed closing his eyes, his lips thinning seeing the dread happening. But now he could do nothing accept unfolding the complete truth.

He slowly opened his eyes, loosened his grip on her shoulders & gulped hard before saying.

" I said what you heard Khushi. I am the son of your parents murderer." His words were wrung from deep within.

Still she wasn't able to wrap her mind around his words. She asked again.

"What are you saying Arnavji? My parents mm.... mu....murder!! No Arnavji, you are mistaken. My parents weren't murdered but they died in an accident." She tried to clear his misunderstanding.

He looked at her plight with pain & sorrowful eyes.

"Yes Khushi, they did die in an accident. But it wasn't a simple case of accident. It was a well planned & well executed murder, under the pretext of an accident." He hated himself for revealing this.

She looked at him perplexed, baffled by the shocking piece of information.

He understood her anxiety but she deserves to know the truth now. He will tell her but he will be there to share her pain & will comfort her.

He raised his hands from her shoulders to her cheeks cupping them. His eyes full of love & concern for her & repugnance for his scoundrel father.

He kissed her forehead, letting his lips linger longer then usual, slowly pulled her into his arms & inhaled her essence deeply, drawing courage from her, for her.

The silence was tense & pulsating between them.

He pulled away slowly, holding her hands in between his, protectively. He led her to the bench nearby the rose bushes, made her sit & himself occupied the place besides her, not leaving her hands.