Part - 11 Finally, The Two Halves Are Whole

Hello my lovely readers... I m back with an update but a few clarifications before that...

Payal is Shashi's real daughter from his first marriage... He was a widower with a 12 year old daughter Payal when he married Garima... Then he accepted & adopted Khushi as his 2nd daughter who was then 9yrs old... Thus Payal is elder to Khushi...

My dear readers, feel free to ask your queries on any of my stories through your comments or pm's... I will happily answer them without getting offended at all...

Now here's the update which I would like to dedicate to @Kiddo_Star

Here's your update Kiddo....Also a big big SORRY 🙉 & you know why😄😆

###################

Khushi was still in the daze with the intensity of his love. He has to return to her. Their bond & her faith were strong enough to get back where they both belonged to - with each other, together till eternity.

But unknown to her determined silence, Arnav was desperately trying to prove his point.

"Khushi, you have had enough of pain & trauma. Enough of loosing more then one can endure & this will continue until you are tied to me & my family."

Her trance broke with his words & she started to argue but his voice cut in, striking into her.

"I want you to be happy Khushi & I thought I could be the one to make you happy. But I see now, that I can't." A world of pain reflected in his eyes as he met her troubled gaze.

"You deserve somebody who can give you fortune full of love & happiness. Not me, who gave you terrible past, horrible present & uncertain future." The words slipped out of his mouth but his heart clenched with sudden fear of loosing the most precious thing in his life. But he can't become selfish because now he cared for her above  his own selfish desires.

Khushi felt her world shake, its foundation tottering. Whatever was left, shattered deep within her at those words of his. It hurt her to even look at him. To see him ready to leave her without paying heed to her emotions, to her love for him.

Her heart squeezed painfully. A sudden fear beginning to choke her. Sobs threatened to overwhelm her. Her tightly restrained control finally broke & before she could stop, her right hand raised on its own volition & landed on his left cheek.

Arnav stared at her shocked, without blinking or breathing. He swallowed hard. His hand on his cheek. His mouth dry. His throat parched, not due to the pain her slap has caused because her punny hand & slender fingers were not strong enough to sizzle his cheek. But the thought itself of her slapping him never crossed his mind in current scenario.

Khushi felt herself tremble under the after effects of her slap which she never intended to. But she was already at her tether due to the nonsense he was saying & that forced her to do the unexpected.

Both stood staring each other. One with shock & the other with penitance.

But what was done was done. Composing herself, she breathed deep to draw some much needed oxygen, straightened her spine & said, "I am sorry Arnavji. I didn't intent to do that." She looked towards his cheek, guilty of her action.