Ch.17 New Voices

June 29

Reagan's POV

"When is she suppose to wake up?" I hear someone franticly ask.

"Any time now. Chill out, Lou." Lou?

Louis?! My Louis?

I pry open my eyes and groan. The light is so bright. I shut them tightly.

"Reagan?" I hear soft voice ask.

I open my eyes again and let them adjust.

"L-Lou?" I croak out.

"Yeah, babe its me." He smiles and interlocks his fingers with mine.

I smile at him and then pass out again.

* * *

*a couple days later*

"Rae?" I hear a soft voice ask.

I turn to face the door way.

I see my whole family there. From Landon to my Great Aunt Carey.

"H-hi." I'm still not used to this whole talking thing.

My whole family, including the One Direction family, pile into the room. Lets just say it was a bit (a lot) crowded.

*

*an hour later*

"I would try and practice your vocal cords as much as possible." Vivian says, taking the last of the bandages off, leaving the stitches (which will be taken out in a few weeks, when we are in Orlando).

"Ok-kay." I stutter.

I still haven't gotten all my words down yet.

"That stuttering should go away in a few weeks." She says.

"Okay."

It is so weird to here my voice again. I only remember my voice being high.

"Reagan! We have a concert in a few hours!" Louise yells, bursting open the door.

She smiles wide at me.

"Yay!" I shout, then clutch my throat.

That hurt.

"Yeah, I wouldn't shout or yell or do anything that involves you screaming or just talking loud." Vivian says, patting leg and getting up.

I nod.

"You can leave anytime, just pick up your meds at the pharmacy in the hospital." Vivian smiles, then hands me the prescription slip.

I just smile at her and she walks out. Louise turns to me again.

"Ahhhh! I can't wait!" She squeals, I just roll my eyes.

"Lu, chill and come help me out of the bed." I whine, holding my hands out.

Its her turn to roll her eyes, but she helps me up anyway. I just grin at her and she throws clothes at me. I walk into the bathroom, that was in my room and start to put on the clothes. I put on a long sleeved (which I rolled up) gray shirt with a big, black cross in the middle, tan skinny jeans, black, high-top Converse and a black scarf that I hung around my neck. I left my hair down, except a my bangs which I started a braid going from the top of my hair and then letting it go down the side of my head. I walk out and meet Louise outside of the room.

"Finally! Lets go." She says, not waiting for me.

"Bitch." I mumble.

"Jerk!" I hear her shout from the hallway, making me laugh.

I mean she is one of my best friends, but she can be quite the bitch.

"Ray Ray!" Landon yells, down the hall.

He gets up and runs to me. He jumps into my arms and I don't drop him, which surprises me.

"Landon," Dad says in a stern voice, "get off her."

"Its fine, Dad." I say, frowning at him.

He has been like this ever since I got out of surgery. I don't want him to be this way. I miss him, the old him.

"Whatever." He says, before getting up and leaving.

I roll my eyes. He always gets these weird mood swings, like one time we were at the family reunion and in the car he was really angry and crabby, then we get there and he is all perky and happy, like the car ride never happened.

He is a weird man.

"Come on, guys! We have to go get ready for a concert." Niall yells, coming over to me and picking me up.

I let out a little scream and hit his back. He just laughs continues walking. Louis laughs and stares at my bum. I just smirk at him.

"You liking the view babe?" I ask him.

"Definitely." He says.

I just shake my head and smack Niall's back one more time.

"Oi! Don't hit me." Niall whines.

"Well, t-then put me d-down." I stutter a bit on my words.

"No! The doctor said you shouldn't put to much energy into walking, so I took that as an excuse to carry you somewhere." Niall retorts while he keeps walking out the doors and across the parking lot.

I just roll my eyes and hang limply. Louis snickers and Niall drops me into the back car seat. I move over and Louis climbs in next to me. Harry, Liam, Zayn and Niall had already sat down in the front, passenger and front row of seats. The rest of my band were taking a different car, because they had to stop at the hotel before they went to the venue. Liam started up the car and I set my head on Louis shoulder. Liam pulled onto the highway and Zayn,  was in the passenger seat, turned on the radio and Kings and Queens by 30 Seconds to Mars started to play.

Into the night

Desperate and broken

Sounds of a fight

Father has spoken

We are the kings and queens of promise

My eyelids started to feel heavy so I shut them, cuddling into Louis. He puts his arm around me and pulled me to him. He kisses my head.

"I love you, Reagan." He whispers into my hair.

"I love you too, Louis." I whisper back.

Louis moves so we are both laying the back seat. I put my head on his chest. I hear his soft snores come out of his mouth. I smile.

I fall asleep listening to his steady heart beat and breathing.

We are the kings....

We are the queens......

We are the kings and queens of promise.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have had the worst writer's block and I really needed to update. Again I'm so sorry.

-AJ