Chapter Nine

Chapter 9

~~

I stare at Amos. Did he really just say that?

Severus looks amused. Before long, he starts to laugh, covering his mouth to quiet it. Madam Pomfrey stays in her office, working on something. I guess haywire students is a natural occurrence for her.

"You?" Severus sputtered between laughs, "You, a Hufflepuff, date my sister, a Slytherin prefect?" Severus clutches to the bed post to help himself from falling.

Amos looks ashamed. He turned to leave, but I grabbed his arm before he could get too far.

"Amos, I-"

"It's alright, Kathrin, I understand your brother doesn't like that idea." he said, and gave me a smile. It must have been one of the most pitiful smiles I've ever seen.

I muster a nod and let Amos' arm go, watching him leave. I turn to Severus. "Sev...why?"

He looks at me with utter amusement and confusion. "Hufflepuffs are hilarious..." he muttered, and I sigh, laying on the hospital bed I had been provided with.

"Sev...just..." I feel tears start to brink along the bottom of my eyelids, "just go."

"But-"

"GO!" I yell, and he yelps and clambers away from me.

I turn over, sobbing into my pillow.

Why does Severus hate everyone I like?

~~

Not only was I losing possible boyfriends, I was losing friends. Narcissa and I had just gotten into a stupid fight - and now we aren't speaking.

I walk down the corridors sadly, rubbing away on coming tears. Why? Why? Why?! Why must it be me, Kathrin Snape, to be the one with all the world deciding to relax onto my shoulders? Why couldn't anybody understand what I was going through?

"Kat?"

I remember that growl. I turn and see Sirius, who is no more than a foot from where I stood.

I rub away tears. "The hell do you want, scum bag?" I hollow out of my shallow heart.

Sirius doesn't look taken aback by my retort. Why didn't he? He shoved his hands deeper into his pockets.

"Listen..." he grunted, and his hair fell over his eyes. God damn it, I think angrily, show me your eyes, Sirius, show me what you're feeling inside.

"Next week is Homesgade weekend, right?" he asked quietly.

I nod slowly.

"Well...I wanted to know if you'd...like to go with me..."

"Like...a date?" I ask quietly.

Sirius looked at me, and I saw some worry and regret in his eyes. "Yeah...yeah, like a date."

I hesitate, but nod. "...Yeah...yeah, alright, I'll go with you, Sirius."

Sirius' eyes seemed to fill with lust and joy. But the regret still hinted at it.

"Hey, Kat," he said, and brought his hand to my cheek.

"Yes?"

He smiled and pecked my cheek gently. "Don't let James know about this date. We'll be trying to hide from him."

~~

Author's Note
Haha, sorry this story is moving sorta fast! But it'll get long as it goes on...just wait for it!