Chapter Eleven

Chapter 11

~~

Finally, the day has come - the day of me and Sirius had our first date. Bad thing was that I rarely talked to anybody but Molly, Arthur, Sirius, Remus, Peter, and some others.

"You really shouldn't get too excited," said Alice Renolds, girlfriend of Frank Longbottom, in Herbology.

"He could break your heart." Remus said softly in Potions.

"Well, what's left of it."

From that point on, I couldn't keep a straight face. I was smiling way too much - then I saw it.

James and Lily were snogging in the hallway with no mercy to each other's faces. Luckily, I was on prefect duty.

"Alright, alright," I said, walking up and tugging the couple apart, "keep walking, get to class."

"Oh...Snape's sister, right?" James grunted with anger. I smiled. "Yes, and the guy that broke my heart, right?" I said lightly. James rolled his eyes, flung his arm around Lily, and they both strode off. I sighed in content - it worked.

I turned around and saw Sirius. I smiled and waved, and he ran up. "Hey, we're going soon, c'mon." he said and took my hand, dragging me along behind him.

~~

Me and Sirius, finally alone together outside of Hogwarts. Hand in hand, we walk down the street slowly, carefully watching for James and/or Lily. It was a good day - even better when Sirius was cracking jokes.

"What is a mermaid's undergarment?" Sirius asked as we walked past the Three Broomsticks. "What?" I giggled and gripped his hand tighter.

"Alegbra." we both laughed. The joke may have been cheesy, but it was still nice to know he was talking to me and that he enjoyed my company.

"Hey, Sirius?" I ask quietly, slowly letting go of his hand. Sirius took a tighter hold of it, as if scared he'd loose me if he let go of my hand.

"What is it?"

"Well...what if James finds out about...." I trail off. Sirius tilts his head. "About what?"

"Us. What if he finds out about us?" I answer. Sirius barks out a laugh.

"He won't." he said, lazily slacking his arm around me.

"Are you sure about that?"

Both me and Sirius whipped around - James was there. As well as Lucius, Severus, and Narcissa.

Narcissa started to sob. "Kathrin...why didn't you tell me? I wanted to meet your new boyfriend!"

I stared. James even got my brother here! Why...why was all this happening in the one good day of my life?