Chapter Thirteen

Chapter 13

~~

A few days after me and Sirius' date, I almost literally got everyone I loved back. Since it was nearing the end of the year (we only had 4 months to go), I had less to do as prefect, being the teacher took care of a lot. Less prefect duties meant more time with my friends and Sirius.

"I can't believe you two haven't been together since third year!" cheered Narcissa as she hugged me in the Slytherin common room, "he treats you so much better than James!"

Remus smiled at me during Potions that day. "Sirius has been going on about how amazing you are. James can barely stand thirty minutes with him."

Sirius had started coming with me to the Great Hall for our lunches. Though he wasn't allowed to sit with the Slytherins, and I with the Gryffindor, we both communicated with a series of hand signals and facial expressions.

But one day...that one day had changed me. And my thoughts of Sirius.

~~

Sirius and I had been together for a month now, and we were kissing under the shade of a tree near the greenhouses during a free period. "Sirius..." I mumbled between a kiss, "Sirius, we need to study. You're failing."

Sirius growled and pushed me up to the tree. "The studying can wait, can't it, Kat?"

I blushed. It could wait...especially for him.

But then, a cocky Ravenclaw boy can up and smirked at us.

"Oui, get a room, would you, Black?" he said, and Sirius turned to him.

"Ah, Gregory," he said and stood, "glad to see you back from the hospital wing. That broken arm fix up good? I wouldn't mind doing it again."

The Gregory boy laughed, "You keep talking. Have you shown your girl what you really are yet?"

I blinked. What was he talking about?

Sirius' right eye twitched with pure anger. "No. I don't want her to know yet."

"Ah, and if she's never told?" Gregory replied, walking towards me. I recoiled against the tree.

By this time, Sirius had grabbed Gregory. "Stop it." he growled in warning.

"Not until you show her."

Sirius bit his lip, thinking over something carefully. "Fine," he answered, tossing Gregory aside so he could see me clearly, "fine."

I closed my eyes, expecting the worst.

But I heard a deep bark and I opened my eyes to see what it was.

I blinked blankly. A jet black dog was sitting in front of me, pawing at my robes. His eyes looked at me innocently - the way Sirius always looked at me.

I looked around, trying to see Sirius. Where was he?

Gregory laughed loudly. "What they say about blondes really is true," he said loudly, others turning to see me, "you really are dumb!"

I looked at the dog. It occurred to me.

I'm dating an Animangus.

~~

Author's Note

I have no idea how to spell Animangus...xD