19

The rabbit's nose twitched rythymatically as he stared around at the giants around him. Tae picked him up and set the squirming animal on his lap.

"Jungkook?" He whispered and the rabbit looked up at him, a scared look in his eyes. "What happened?" Jungkook started making chittering noises, burying his small head into Tae's shirt.

"Well what did you see Tae?" Jimin shifted closer to Tae and started stroking Jungkook's fur.

"Nothing! I woke up and he was a bunny!" Jungkook hopped off of Tae's lap and stood at the edge of the bed. Hoseok picked him up and set him on the ground.

Jin bit his bottom lip and sat down next to Jungkook.

"He seems to still be the same person, but in a different body. He shouldn't try to become human again until at least morning, we don't want another repeat of last time." Jungkook shook his furry head, clicking his tongue. He was getting frustrated that no one could understand him. The bunny hopped out the bedroom door and to a piece of paper.

They followed him and Jungkook rolled a pencil towards Tae. Tae picked it up, and jungkook began tracing small letters on the carpet with his paw. Tae gasped a small "oh" when he figured out what Jungkook wanted him to do. Tae copied the letters Jungkook spelled out, until he had a sentence.

Can't turn back

"Is this what you meant?" Jungkook nodded. Tae showed the other boys what he wrote.

"What do you mean, you can't turn back?" Yoongi asked, his gut twisting. Jungkook put his paw on the paper.

"Let's just wait until morning." Tae picked up Jungkook, who squirmed around in his arms before settling down. Yoongi yawned and sat down on the couch.

"Come on, let's go home," Hoseok started to help Yoongi up, the the boy put all his weight backwards to show he intended on staying. Hoseok easily picked Yoongi up and tossed him over his shoulder. Yoongi propped himself up on Hoseok's shoulder and pouted, even when Hoseok dropped him on the bed and climbed in next to him. The two cuddled, keeping close. Hoseok could feel the shudder of Yoongi's body as he cried silently.
"What's wrong little kitten?" Hoseok rubbed circles on Yoongi's back, attempting to calm him.

"P-please, it hurts!" he heard Yoongi whisper.

"What hurts?" Hoseok propped himself up on one elbow, peering over Yoongi's back, worried.

"Please!" Yoongi begged again.

"Yoongi, I can't help you if you don't tell me what's wrong," Yoongi's eyes were squeezed shut. Tears leaked from them, and he clutched his stomach.

"Does you stomach hurt? Should I get some Advil?" Yoongi slightly nodded, and Hoseok slid off the bed to get some medicine. He came back with the pills and a glass of water. Yoongi chugged the water and took the pills, and Hoseok noticed the sweat rolling down his forehead. He pulled back the blankets covering him. Yoongi started to shiver, and he hugged Hoseok. The taller boy was scared, he hated seeing Yoongi in pain.

"Let's go back to sleep." Yoongi crawled into Hoseok's arms, feeling safe and warm.

That morning, Yoongi couldn't remember what happened. Hoseok asked him if he felt better, and Yoongi had no idea what he was talking about.

They went back to Tae's apartment and where greeted by Jungkook hopping in exited circles, before leaping up onto the couch. Yoongi sat down and petted him, the small rabbit leaning into Yoongi's touch.

"Tae! Where are you?" Hoseok called out. Tae came around the corner.

"Oh I was just trying to... You know what? It doesn't matter," he laughed nervously, which made the others burst out laughing. Tae did some pretty weird things sometimes so they always had a good laugh when they tried to imagine what he was doing. Tae cleared his throat, and the laughter died down.

"I have some good news and some bad news." Tae held up one finger on each hand and held them out. "Which do you want to hear first." He smiled, but it didn't quite reach his eyes, so they could tell the bad news was really bad. Yoongi took one of his fingers.

"Bad news first, then good."

"Okay, bad news," they noticed how the boy was trying not to cry. Jungkook jumped off the couch and gently nudged Tae's ankle. "Jungkook, was right. He can't turn back into a human. He's stuck as a bunny." Tae felt a small body wrap itself around him. He looked down and saw Yoongi, making the tears overflow down his cheeks.

"There's more, I think, the treatment did it, so i... Have reason to believe... That it will happen to Yoongi and NamJoon, too." Hoseok covered his mouth, his shoulders shaking.

"And the good news?" Yoongi pushed. Tae held out a newspaper and showed Yoongi the headline. Yoongi read it out loud.

"Hybrid Assault Mastermind finally arrested." Yoongi dropped the paper.

"This is amazing! Once they question him, they could find the actual cure for the hybrids. Then Jungkook could be human again!" Jungkook hopped in circles again, chittering happily. Tae laughed picked up the rabbit, while wiping his drying tears from his face. Yoongi hugged Hoseok, tears pricking at the corners of his eyes.

"And then this could all be over," he whispered.

Later that day, Yoongi sat on the couch in his dorm, cuddling with Hoseok as they watched Disney movies. Yoongi started nodding off as they watched Toy Story 3, and Hoseok held him closer.

"If we were those toys," the kitten yawned, "and I got taken to the other room in the daycare, would you save me?" Hoseok laughed and replied with, "What kind of question is that? Of course I would save my little kitten." Yoongi smiled as he rested his head against Hoseok's chest. Hoseok played with Yoongi's soft white hair fondly as they drifted into sleep.

Hoseok jumped to a start when he realized that Yoongi wasn't on him anymore.

"Yoongi?" he called out, and was replied with a mew coming from his lap. He looked down and saw a white cat with black paws and a black tip of his tail.

"Yoongi! You're a cat again!" the kitten nodded slowly and butted his head sadly against Hoseok's hand, trying to get Hoseok to pick him up.

"Oh! You want to go see Tae right?" Hoseok appeared calm on the outside, but in reality a little of him broke on the inside with the tiny doubt that when the criminal was questioned, there would be no cure.

He picked up Yoongi and cradled the kitten in his arms. Yoongi was the fairly small, not a baby baby kitten, just not fully grown yet. As Hoseok knocked on the door, Tae opened it and Jungkook hopped around Hoseok's feet. Tae rubbed sleep out of his eyes, looks like Yoongi and Hoseok weren't the only ones that took a rest.

"hey what's up?" he yawned and looked up. He stopped mid-yawn when he saw the small kitten in Hoseok's arms.