1: Ultima

2051, it was considered the new Age of Gaming for the entire world. As new VR technology changed the way players saw gaming worlds, they considered them their second world and home, and one day that idea seemed like reality. Ultima™, a game that was said to be beyond reality, and it wasn't a lie. The popular VRMMORPG truly transported players into another world, everything was truly real, not code made by some developer, it was the actual gateway into a new life, one I figured would be the start of something simple for me, but would turn out be the start of something greater...

I instantly unboxed my copy of Ultima™ and the required hardware, a Gaterift™ headset, it was the only VR set that could be used to play the game properly. I began to set everything up near my bed and layed down once I finished and put on the headset, it turned on the minute it touched my face. I closed my eyes seeing only the main setup of the game, it required me to shout out a username that I had to use, typical gaming. I shouted out my usual username for any game I played. 

AlexiaValkyrie. 

Once I did, I instantly appeared in the square of a massive town, I saw dozens of people walking around and interacting with each other, I was ready to get started and went to find somewhere to get a weapon, I lucky found the town's blacksmith and figured I would start their, he instantly noticed me. 

"Excuse me ma'am, you looking for something particular?" The blacksmith asked. 

"Oh yes actually, I'm trying to find a sword that would be cheap." I explained. 

"Well, you came to the right place." He said smirking, he went into a room behind him and came back with a silver one-handed longsword. 

I picked it up and tested it out, it felt interesting, like I was almost ment to have it. 

"I'll take it, how much?" I asked smiling. 

"How about you have it on the house." He replied. "Least I could do for a newcomer." 

"Thank you, see ya." I said leaving the blacksmith. 

Once I had a proper weapon I figured I would find a way to make money, so I went to find a tavern, considering it was probably the best place to start.

I eventually found one after getting lost in town several times, I entered the tavern seeing lots of experienced players inside just enjoying themselves. I went towards the owner of the place, he was serving players drinks, I eventually got his attention after awhile. 

"Oh, a new one I'm guessing." He said. 

"Yeah, hoping to get some money, any idea where I could get some?" I asked. 

"I see, luckily you found the right guy." He explained. "Names Maxim, I usually get information on jobs and bounties all across Ultima, I'll give you something easy. Okay?" 

He instantly handed me a sheet of paper, it explained information about a demon hiding in the tunnels underneath town, seemed easy. 

"It will do, thanks." I replied. 

"Be sure to come back anytime." Maxim said. 

I instantly ran towards the entrance to the tunnels the demon was in. But before I could even enter, another player ambushed me. I luckily got out of the way before I was stabbed in the back. I summoned my sword and pointed it at the attacker. 

"What gives?!" I yelled. 

The attacker eventually showed herself, she wore basically a black hood and leather armor. She pointed her twin daggers towards me. 

"That should be obvious, I'm attempting to rob you." She replied smiling.

I eventually saw her username appear above her head. Wh1teAssassin

"If that's the case, guess you'll have to fight me first." I said smirking. 

"Very well then." She said before running towards me. 

I blocked her attacks easily despite her speed. I eventually knocked her down after a while, she smirked before she got up and despawned her daggers. 

"Okay okay, you win." She said exhausted. "For a new player, you have skills." 

"Thanks, I guess." I said confused, that seemed too easy. 

"Anyway, why are you headed down into the tunnels?" She asked. 

"Demon hunting, I guess." I replied. 

"Oh, your after that demon aren't you?" She said surprised. "You might need help, mind if I come?" 

I was shocked when she asked that, but I guess I needed the help anyway. 

"Okay, my name's Alexia." I replied. 

"Names Mira, pleasure." She said smiling. 

We then went down into the tunnels to find the demon, she seemed to know stuff about what we were after, so I asked to be sure. 

"So, you said earlier that this demon was special?" I asked. 

"Hmm. Oh right, the demon were after is a boss called Subodai, The Red Samurai. He's apparently been a problem for architects in town, so they've been hiring players to kill it. However, not many are successful." Mira explained. 

"I see, maybe will be the first." I said. 

"Yeah." Mira said smirking. 

We continued through the tunnels until encountering a few smaller demons, Mira and I were able to quickly destroy them, before we eventually arrived at the demons location, a dungeon built within the tunnels. 

"Well then, you ready?" I asked smirking. 

"Always am." Mira replied summoning her daggers.

I opened the doors to see only a dimly-lit room with the boss inside, he instantly awoke and summoned a massive katana before he yelled out a loud roar at us. 

"Lets do it!" Mira yelled running towards it.

I followed close behind ready to face it head on...

Next: Two Worlds