11: True Master

We continued to fight through the Shadows Pass until we reached a safe spot halfway through the pass, all of us were exhausted to the point of collapse. 

"This..is...exhausting." Mira said exhausted. 

"No kidding. I can barely fight anymore." I said sitting down. 

"We need to rest and regroup." Li said. 

"Agreed. Otherwise...will never....make it." Alina said collapsing on the ground exhausted. 

"Then will all log out, rest, and return here later." Devan said before logging out first. 

Alina followed behind him. "Well, have fun lovebirds." 

I instantly started blushing before I went to see Li before logging off myself. 

"Hey Li." I said. 

"Hey Alexia, you gonna log off too?" Li asked. 

"For a bit, but I'll be back soon." I replied. "Still owe me a kiss though." 

"Maybe another time, don't want Mira interrupting again." Li said. 

"Makes sense, see ya in a bit." I said.

"Later." Li said smiling at me before I logged out.

I returned to my room to see it was still intact and Germane nowhere to be found, I instantly looked at the eviction notice only to find I had a week left before he kicked me out, I realized I needed a new plan in case we didn't get to Nimbus, I instantly remember I had Mira's phone number and decided to write it down and call her. I left my room and used a phone booth outside Germane's place, it took awhile but Mira finally picked up. 

"Hello?" Mira said confused. 

"It's me Alexia, I need your help with something." I replied. 

"Well this is surprising, what's up?" She asked. 

"Where do I even start." I said before I explained everything to Mira about Germane and my past events. 

"Wow, no wonder you spend a lot of time with your boyfriend." She said surprised. 

"No kid..." I said before getting embarrassed. "Mira! He's not my boyfriend!" 

"Sure." She said smirking over the phone, I could tell. 

"Anyway, you up to helping me out?" I asked. 

"Sure, although let's get to Nimbus first." Mira said. "Otherwise, we'll have a problem." 

"Agreed, see ya later." I said hanging up, I instantly rushed back to my room only to run into Germane before I could enter. 

"Well look who finally emerges from her fantasy." He said. "Guessing you finally decided to pay up." 

"Something like that, just need more time." I said smirking. 

"I don't like what you're planning girl, just remember the notice." He said leaving. "Won't be long till I get rid of you." 

I didn't bother with him and returned to my Gaterift to log back into Ultima.

I returned to see Li had fallen asleep while I was gone, I decided to just lay next to him and fall asleep. 

"Night, Li." I said before I fell asleep. 

I woke up after Li poked my cheek, he was probably trying to wake up before Mira logged in with the others. 

"Morning." I said getting up. 

"You came back to sleep with me." Li said. 

"I couldn't help it, kinda used to it." I said smiling at him.