4: The Party

We instantly returned to the tavern to log out like Zavala told us, when we arrived it was completely abandoned unlike before.

"Where is everyone?" Mira asked.

"Logged out. News spread pretty fast about the shard." Maxim replied. "I'm guessing your about to do the same."

"Probably, I just want to help with this." I said annoyed.

"But you heard what Zavala said, without the shard anyone that enters Ultima is risking their lives for real." Maxim explained. "You'll be just as vulnerable in your world here while this is happening. You'll die just like anyone really would." Maxim explained.

"I guess your right." I said upset.

"Don't worry, I'm sure Zavala will have it covered." Maxim said. "Go ahead and rest upstairs." "Okay, thanks for everything so far." I said.

We then entered the room we stayed in last night, we just stood their confused on what to do. "So, what now?" Li asked.

"We log off and hope for the best." Mira replied confused. "I mean, I don't know."

"We might as well, I'm sure this will be fixed eventually." I said.

"I guess. User, log off!" Mira yelled disappearing.

"Guess will see eachother later?" Li asked.

"Sure, I'll call if I need you." I replied smiling.

He smiled back before I logged off.

"User, log off!" I yelled.

I returned to my room expecting Germane to arrive, but he didn't show up. I was relieved and just layed on my bed thinking about everything, especially what that player meant. 'His master.' I thought about it a bit and heard my Gaterift™ ping unexpectedly. I put it on to see a message in my view from Mira.

"Figured you'd want company outside Ultima, here's my number if you need me."

It also had her phone number on it, would help if I had my own cell phone to use. I eventually just dazed off and fell asleep in bed. I woke up to the sound of my Gaterift™ pinging again. I sloppily put it on to see a message from an unknown person, I read it anyway.

"Log in to Ultima, important. _Maxim."

Maxim sent a message through to me. I knew it was important and logged in despite the dangers in-game.

I arrived in the room and went to find Maxim, he was waiting outside the tavern with Zavala, Li, Mira, and another player.

"You made it, good." Maxim said.

"It was important, so why not?" I said tired.

"I'm honestly glad you did, otherwise the plan would backfire." The unknown player said. "Exactly who are you again?" Mira asked confused.

"Sorry, I'm Kizano Mikado, head observer of Ultima™. I'm aware of the recent incident and your involvement in attempting to stop it." He explained. "And I'm asking for your help with this."

"As in, paid kind of help?" Mira asked smiling.

"Mira!" I yelled.

"Well, I suppose with your experience I should have expected that question. But yes, I am willing to pay for your troubles." Kizano replied, smirking.

"So, about this plan? Why use us?" Li asked confused.

"Well, for starters we know of a way to find The Admin Shard, but our agents have so far been unwilling due to the risk of death. So I figured I would recruit the strongest gamers Ultima can offer." Kizano explained. "Mira for example, is an experienced in-game mercenary, she's done several cases on Dark Players over her career. Li has been in Ultima since day one, so he knows the world and has his ways."

"But Alexia has only been logged in for two days!" Mira yelled concerned for me. "Hmm. I figured you of all gamers would recognize her. AlexiaValkyrie, three time solo eSport winner 2048 to 2050." Kizano replied.

I figured no one knew that about me, I thought I told them to keep my name private.

"Wait, her!?" Mira yelled surprised.

"Yeah, but I kept it private from the public." I said embarrassed.

"So, that explains your experience." Mira said smirking.

"Can we get back on topic!?" I yelled.

"Ah yes." Kizano replied. "Anyway, you three came up in my search and were easy to find. Their are others but they were harder to contact. My plan is for you three to find Ultima's Admins and reclaim The Admin Shard before something worse happens, and I promise Zavala will make sure your fully stocked before you set out, do we have a deal?"

We thought about it a bit before realizing what we had, a chance to help Ultima and possibly be rich.

"I'm in." I replied.

"You had me at paid anyway." Mira replied smirking.

"I might as well, otherwise they may not get far." Li replied smiling.

"Great. In the meantime, Zavala and I are gonna try to contact Kizano's other players." Maxim explained.

"Now then, recent information suggested the Admins were in Tovara prior to the shards disappearance." Kizano explained. "Its best you head there."

"Tovara is towards the center of Ultima, it will take a few days for us." Li said.

"Take as much time as necessary. I must go now, good luck." Kizano said smiling. "User, log off!" Kizano then disappeared before Zavala got our attention.

"Now then, let's get you properly armored." Zavala said, leading us to the blacksmith I met on my first day.

"Captain, what do I owe the pleasure?" He asked surprised.

"These players require your best arms, it is a matter of importance." Zavala replied.

"I see, guess it's time to show off my private stock." He said going into the back room.

A massive door opened revealing several armor sets.

"Its my best stock, I'd choose wisely though." He said smirking.

We instantly looked at the blacksmiths strongest armor sets, Mira instantly went for the one that had an iron chest, twin katanas, and black cloak. Li chose a full set of bulk armor, keeping his normal sword. I had trouble looking until I found mine, it was a long white and blue jacket, iron shoulder pads, and a massive sword mounted on the sets back. I took it and felt powerful, almost like an actual knight.

"Now, those look better on actual players." The blacksmith said amazed.

"I agree, so I guess it's time for you to set out. Good luck." Zavala said smiling.

She left the blacksmith as we prepared to embark.

"So, what's our plans on getting to these admins?" Mira asked smirking.

"Best best is we head towards Nimbus, it's the quickest way to Tovara from here." Li replied. "Then let's get going, we got a world to save." I said smiling.

We then left the blacksmith towards the town's main gate, our journey had just begun.

Next: The Journey