19

Clint came back a few weeks later, he had two people with him.

There was a young man in a wheelchair and a young woman who followed him everywhere.

I trotted over to the gate when Clint returned, Napoleon had followed.

We watched Clint go into the barn and come out with a big board that he put onto the stairs. He pushed the young man up the ramp and the woman followed.

It was silent outside after that for a few hours at least.

Napoleon eventually wandered back to the pond, but I stayed.

I waited for Clint to come back.
.
.
.
It took Clint about two hours to come back outside.

He went to the barn and came back with two big scoops of food. He walked over to the gate and dumped the two scoops into two different bowls that were attatched to the fence. He petted my nose, he looked sad.

I huffed a breath of air onto his hand and continued to look at him, I could distantly hear Napoleon coming for food.

Clint just sighed and went back into the barn to drop off the scoops before going back into the house.

Napoleon got to my side when Clint exited the barn, the two of us watched him go back inside.

"He seems sad," I told him as I watched the door close.

Napoleon looked up from his food bowl, "He gets like that sometimes after he comes back. He'll be fine by the end of the week," Napoleon told me nonchalantly.

I looked at him incredulously, hitting his leg with my tail. "Hey! What was that for?!"