22

Clint took Napoleon and I out to ride pretty much everyday after that. He got the twins, Pietro and Wanda, to ride us.

Pietro soon got over not wanting to ride me, I think he secretly likes it.

Clint let them ride us around the round pen for a few weeks before he even thought about letting the twins ride us in the pasture.

He soon caved, but told them no faster than a trot for now.

I felt Pietro try to make me go faster, but I heard Clint and stayed in a trot.

Wanda brought Napoleon to trot next to me. "This is nice," she told him while admiring the scenery.

Pietro turned slightly in the saddle, "I want to go faster," was all he told her.

She sighed, "Clint said no. I know that everything is slow to you, but I think we need to take it slow for now," she told him as I watched a bird fly by.

Pietro sighed heavily, seeming to slump forwards a bit. "What are their names anyway?" Pietro asked after a bit.

I twitched my ear. "This is Napoleon," Wanda told him, patting Napoleon's neck, "And that is Widow," she told him, pointing at me. "She is Natasha's horse," Wanda added.

A fly flew by my ear, so I shook my head and neck to make it leave.

The movement seemed to snap Pietro out of some trance.

I felt him pat my neck as I exhaled heavily and continued to walk around the pasture.

Flicking a horse fly with my tail every once in a while.
.
.
.
Something about today felt different though. A good feeling seemed to be contagious, even Pietro seemed pleased to be riding me today.

He didn't even try to make me go faster than a trot.

I found it unusual, Napoleon did as well. "He seems... off... today. I don't like it," was all he said about it.

I twitched my ear in his direction, but didn't acknowledge his statement.

Our ride today was short, only a couple hours.

I got to the gate before Napoleon did, Clint was waiting there with Pietro's wheelchair.

Clint grabbed my reins from Pietro and tied me to a fence post, Wanda did the same to Napoleon.

Clint reached up to grab Pietro, but his hand was swatted away.

"I want to try," Pietro told him.

Clint put up his hands in mock surrender and backed up.

Pietro took a few moments before he actually shifted to get off. Pietro swung his leg over me and put it on the ground, holding onto my saddle tightly.

He took a few moments and a deep breath before he released it and put his other leg on the ground.

Wanda and Clint both gave a watery laugh before rushing over and hugging Pietro.

I stood off to the side feeling very pleased with myself.