20

The short visits from Clint continued for almost a month. He only came to see us when he was feeding us.

I didn't see the two young adults often, but when they did go outside, they tended to stay on the porch or a harder area.

But today, Clint came over to the pasture holding my halter and lead.

I perked up my ears, he gave a small smile at my enthusiasm.

He opened the gate and put the halter on, Napoleon was at the pond as always. Clint closed the gate behind me and started heading to the barn, I followed.

He tied me to one of the posts and started to brush me, letting out a few curses when a patch of dirt of a knot wouldn't come out.

"Should've had Lila and Cooper come brush you huh?" he muttered as he got up to get a bucket of water to help get all the mess out.

It took a while, but he eventually got it all out.

When he'd finished, he left with Napoleon's halter and lead. He came back about five minutes later with Napoleon.

He didn't seem very pleased with being removed from the pasture, but he seemed to like the brushing well enough.

Napoleon was a lot dirtier than I was, mainly because I stayed near the gate and he tended to stay near the pond.

It took Clint a lot longer to get everything out of Napoleons coat, he even pulled out a few ticks. That was gross.