Chapter 35

Percy's Point of view

One thing I've realized about the gods over the years is that most of the time they seem to show up at the worst possible time, and when you do want them to come they quite often don't. While that isn't usually the case for Aphrodite or my dad nowadays, it seemed to be the case for most of the other gods. For example one evening I was about to go pick up a few things when Apollo and Hermes popped up out of nowhere and basically revealed that there were rumors about me and Aphrodite going around Olympus and they wanted to know if they were true or not.

The word must have gotten out somehow after my confrontation with Ares, after all, I didn't think dad would have said anything, and I didn't think that Aphrodite had either. My guess is that Ares was whining about the fact Aphrodite had dumped him and someone else had probably overheard him. Obviously, I didn't want Apollo and Hermes to know the truth since they are probably two of the biggest gossips on Olympus along with Aphrodite herself. Despite liking to gossip I was pretty sure she hadn't said anything about our relationship to the other gods since she knew it wasn't something I wanted to advertise.

As they tried to find out if the rumors were true Apollo and Hermes didn't even bother trying to hide what they wanted since they asked me rather bluntly about my relationship with Aphrodite, I wasn't sure how to get out of my situation, some guys would probably want to brag if they were in my position but that just wasn't me, I prefer to keep my private life private so I definitely didn't want Apollo and Hermes to know that my relationship with Aphrodite had, in fact, become rather serious recently.

Obviously, I was no idiot, and I knew I didn't need another child right now so I was being responsible about it but that didn't mean it hadn't happened. Unfortunately I had no clue how to get out of my situation without telling Apollo and Hermes the truth, I couldn't lie since they would probably figure out that I was lying, especially since Apollo is the god of truth, if I said it was none of their business they would probably just assume the truth.

In the end, they probably figured out the truth since I couldn't find a way to keep them from finding out. I hadn't told them, I'd tried to avoid telling them but they'd probably still figured it out. A couple weeks later I learned that Hephaestus had also found out. Somewhat to my surprise, he had confronted Aphrodite and not me, so it had been Aphrodite who told me that he knew.

I wasn't sure what his reaction had been but it seemed like he wasn't going to try and hurt me so that was good enough for me. Maybe he'd resigned himself to the fact that Aphrodite wasn't going to fall for him, not to mention that he cheats on her too so it's not like he was completely innocent in their failed marriage. It sounded to me like he hadn't really tried to get her to fall for him and just assumed she wasn't interested in him simply because he wasn't exactly the best looking guy around.

I had expected that he would be angry with me and confront me or something, but the fact that he hadn't and just confronted Aphrodite surprised me. Regardless I certainly wasn't complaining so I didn't think about it too much.

Two years later, Luke's Point of view

A little over two years had passed since I'd first met my dad, my half-sister, and my grandfather. Ever since my dad got shot and then recovered nothing major had really happened, sure we had to face monsters every now and then but that was basically normal for us since we're related to the Greek gods. It seems like life can never really be easy for us because the fates had thrown another curve ball at me.

Not too long ago the school bully along with some of his buddies seemed to have taken an interest in me all of a sudden. They'd tried to bully me before but since I'd never let what they said bother me they'd eventually given up and moved on to some other kid. I don't really know what put the idea in their heads, but they weren't just bullying me for being a nerd anymore, they seemed to think that I was gay.