2 Truths. 1 Lie

This chapter has sexual assault and Abuse but I won't go in too much detail. It starts at Jesse's POV if you didn't want to read it.
Mackenzie's POV

Maya is coming tomorrow and I could finally show her what Jesse looks likes. Yeah I know what you're thinking, why didn't I just take a photo of him, well i could never get a photo of him. It was currently 8:30 in the morning and Maya would be here at 12:30 in the afternoon. I went to my bathroom and filled the bath with warm water and bubbles. Cause who doesn't love a good bubble bath to start off their day? Well I know I do.

I was in the bath for a good hour when I decided to get out I didn't want to go all wrinkly. I decided on wearing comfortable shorts and a shirt that looked like a dress on me. I put my hair in a high ponytail, I didn't bother with the makeup, it's just a waste of time if your not going anywhere. I went to the third room in our apartment which was my studio. Ok, well this apartment are the size of a house, with a master bedroom mad master bathroom, 4 rooms, 3 bathrooms, etc. You know your average things in a house.

I have a studio, yes it may seem like I'm spoilt but believe me I'm not. I brought everything with my own money, as I am 18, going 19 in three weeks. I want to someday be a famous singer, you know people like Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Melanie Martinez. But I'd be known as Kenzie. I already had a few songs that I had wrote, but I was currently working on 'I'm A Problem'. I suppose you're wondering how many songs I have wrote. Well I've only got 3 full songs so far that sound good. I have done about 9 covers on my YouTube channel.

I was working on 'I'm A Problem', when I herd some strange sounds.
"Hello? Anybody here?" No reply. I shrugged and carried on when I herd knocking, strangely coming from my room. I cautiously walked to my room a jumped when I saw Jesse on my balcony. Soaking may I add. It has been raining since last night and won't stop anytime soon especially since there's a cyclone coming. I walked over to my balcony door and let Jesse in, grabbing a towel and threw it at him before closing my door and locking it, as my mum would freak.

"Hey, you're out of hospital." I stated mindfully. It's been three weeks since the fight.

"Yeah, got discharged last night. I wanted to stay thank you for being there when I needed someone. Koby was there but it was nice to have someone else." He smiled at me. He didn't know that I'd kissed him, cause I did it after he blacked out he didn't know but Koby did. I begged Koby for ages just so he wouldn't tell Jesse.

I got up and hugged him. I missed him a lot, over the weeks we've become best friends.
It felt good to have a friend here.

"Hey, Jess wanna play '2 truths, 1 lie'?" I asked him pleadingly.

"Yeah, why not." We sat down on the floor and began our game.

"You go first" I said to him. He smiled and thought for a second.

"Story 1, I've been engaged. Story 2, I want kids someday. Story 3, In school I was a nerd." He told me I thought for a while.

"Story 1?" I asked, hopeful. He just shook his head. It was enough to let me know I was wrong.

"Nah, it's Story 3 actually. I have been engaged before." I looked in his eyes there was no emotion except pain and agony. I moved closer to him and put my hand on his leg.

"Jess? Jesse? You ok?" I asked him. His once blue eyes now a grey. Just like the clouds outside. He shook his head as a tear ran down his cheek.

"It's a long story, I'll tell you another time." He managed to croak out. I nodded knowing it was a touchy subject. I hugged and got on with the game.

"Story 1, I'm 20. Story 2, I've broken my elbow before. Story 3, I- I I've been raped." I said as millions of memories to that horrible night came buzzing back to life.

Jesse's POV

"Story 1?" A million memories flashed through my mind. The ones I didn't want to remember. The ones of Nichole and me. The ones of when I proposed to her and how she squealed in delight. Everything I thought I had erased from my mind came rushing back.

"Nah, it's Story 3 actually. I have been engaged before." Kenzie looked at me obviously knowing something was wrong.

"Jess? Jesse? You ok?" She asked. I just shook my head.

"It's a long story, I'll tell you another time." I told her. She nodded understanding it was a touchy subject.

"Story 1, I'm 20. Story 2, I've broken my elbow before. Story 3 I- I I've been raped."

I looked up at her with wide eyes. There is no way she's been raped before. But something wasn't right.

"Story 3." I told her my answer. She looked up at me on the verge of tears. I already knew that it wasn't Story 3.

"No. It was Story 1. I'm 18 going 19. I think you want to know my story." I nodded allowing her to speak.

"Well this takes me back to when I lived in Perth. The guy who raped me his name was Zach. He was my boyfriend at the time, I thought he loved me but turns out he only wanted sex. He was out all the time normally underage drinking with mates and smoking weed. I didn't know about this I thought he was a football training. He came back one night and slid into bed with me like he normally did. I was in shorts and a tank top of his. He started kissing my neck and he took off the tank top and got on top off me he started kissing my breast but I stopped him. I told him I didn't want to have sex he got angry at me and said he didn't care and from there he kept on going and i did nothing to stop it as I was scared he would hit me. Which he did he took me to his house chaining me up. Never letting me leave. He continued to hit and rape me. I finally got away from him, thanks to someone who risked his life for me. A few weeks later I found out I was pregnant I was going to keep it but I made a mistake to go for a walk late at night and I got shot by a guy right in the stomach it killed my baby. The guy turned out to be Zach he was trying to kill me. It ended up killing his child not me. But he didn't just kill his child, he killed someone else but I don't wanna talk about it." A tear slid down her cheek as she finished "Her name was Zara." She squeaked, I moved closer to her and pulled her onto my lap and she snuggled into my chest then burst into tears. I looked at the time it was 12:02.

"Hey, it 12:02 isn't your friend coming at 12:30?"

"Yeah, you might need to go." I nodded and got up.

"Jesse?" I herd Kenzie say my name.

"Yeah"

"Please come back tonight. Please. After bringing my past up, I'll have nightmares. I looked at her. Hey eyes pleaded for me to stay. She came up to me and put her hands around my waist and her head on my chest.

"Don't worry I will. But what about Maya?"

"She won't care." I smiled to myself. I had this feeling I the gut of my stomach I was falling for her. Hard and fast.

Mackenzie's POV

I wrapped my arms around his waist and put my head on his chest. 1 thing was clear for sure, I was falling for Jesse. Fast and hard.

...............................................................................

So how was this chapter? Good? Bad? Let me know.
Ily guys so much for reading.