Chapter 8

Okay, triple toe loop here we come again.

Landing with perfection, your coach gives you huge thumbs up from the seats as you land every jump with absolute perfection.

Smiling to yourself, you look over and see Jimin staring at you with a huge smile on his face, his coach yelling at him in the distance to get to practicing but he continues to just stare at you.

Blushing and turning away, you look down at your clothes with a smile, the warm sweatshirt and leggings Jimin bought you, and you have to admit,

Training with Jimin is somewhat fun.

It's like you're close friends, he pesters you and makes fun of the way you skate, and you always have an insult right up your sleeve waiting for him.

Although you'll never tell him you're secretly having a bit of fun, you're happy when you see him smile.

Skating over to you, Jimin shines that arrogant smile your way and has his arms crossed, stopping in front of you he leans down and chuckles.

"See? Told you confidence was key."

Shooting him a glare, you cross your arms as well and sticks your tongue out at him.

"In your dreams Jimin, I'm good because I'm a master. Not because of your fancy clothes."

He smirks and chuckles while shaking his head.

"Fancy clothes make everything better."

With a scoff you roll your eyes and skate away from him, all fun aside, he's still an arrogant asshole at heart.

Grabbing a drink of water your coach walks up and sits in front of you with a smile.

"Good job so far, if you keep doing this well you'll get first place."

Looking at her with a frown you set your bottle down and nod.

"This time I will get first place. No matter what."

She gives you a determined thumbs up as you skate back onto the ice and continue to practice your jumps over and over again.

••••••

During lunch time, you pull out your usual couple carrot sticks and sit on the side, sighing and munching away.

You see Jimin scooting beside you with his food and he sctunches his nose with a disgusted look.

"That's all you're going to eat?"

With a blush you glare at him and set your food down.

"Yeah? Something wrong with carrots?"

He pulls out half a sub sandwhich and offers it to you with his nose still scrunched.

"You're going to get sick if you eat like that."

Blushing and looking down at your thighs, you shake your head and take another bite of carrot.

"Um...carrots...help me lose weight."

Jimin's eyes soften as he looks at you and sets the sandwhich in your hands then he looks away and takes a bite of his.

"You don't need to lose weight..."

Your head snaps over to look at his blushing face, yours must have matched the same color because he clears his throat and shakes his head.

"I need to beat you! And....an um...I...I need to know that I get to win with you healthy! If you aren't then the competition is no fun..."