Chapter Five

Katie and Evan walked into her house. She locked the door behind him, and threw her bag on the ground. He put his bag down beside her and followed her up the stairs to her bedroom.

"You're sure she isn't going to be here?" He asked.

"Yes. My mom is out of town all weekend, so we have the house to ourselves."

She laid on her bed and pulled him down on top of her. He kissed her lips, his hand on her hip. She closed her eyes as his kiss trailed down her neck, and then down her chest. He removed his shirt. She sat up and kissed his neck, running her hands down his chest.

His hands pulling up on her shirt. She took off her shirt and laid back down as his hands went over her body. He removed her pants, and then his own.

"You're sure, right Katie?" he whispered.

"Absolutely," she replied, pulling a condom out of her end table drawer. "I love that you always ask that."

"I love you too much not to ask," he said hovering over her.

...

They both laid there catching their breath. He turned to her and kissed her forehead, she smiled back at him. She moved over and laid her head on his bare chest, as he wrapped his arm around her.

"I wrote about us in the five-year time capsule essay," Katie whispered, causing him to turn to her.

"Yeah? What did you say?"

"I said that hopefully in five years you'll have proposed to me," she said looking down at his necklace as she fiddle with it.

"Five years huh?" He said, stroking her hair. "I don't think I need that long."

Her smile widened. She crawled over and kissed his lips. "I love you, Evan," she whispered. "Sometimes it seems a bit ridiculous I found you so early in my life, but I only love you more as each day passes."

"Jesus Katie. Sometimes the writer in you really shows itself. You're so beautiful inside and out, do you know that?"

She blushed and looked away.

"Don't look away," he pleaded, turning her face towards him. He sat up and kissed her again, wrapping his arms around her, holding her tightly against him. "I honestly have no idea what I'd do without you."

"Well you won't ever have to find out!" She exclaimed pouncing on him. "Because you're stuck with me."

"Perfect," he said kissing her once more. "Now, not to break the mood, but I'm starving."

"Oh, thank God you said something," she chuckled standing up. She tossed him his clothes and got dressed into shorts and a t-shirt. "Let's go downstairs and make some lunch."

They both walked down the staircase and crossed into her kitchen where she grabbed the bread and cheese and started to make grilled cheese sandwiches for them. Evan poured each of them a glass of juice and handed her the cup as she flipped the sandwiches.

"She can write and cook, what more could I ask for?" He said kissing her cheek.

"I don't know, you got pretty damn lucky!" She exclaimed, laughing.

"That I did," he said. "Mr. Foley says my painting is turning out to be the best work of mine he's ever seen."

"Stop torturing me I want to see it already!"

"I told you that you can't until it's ready!" He teased. "I hope you like it."

"Babe, I'm going to be in love with it. I can already tell. I watch your speed paintings constantly and love those, I can't even imagine what a painting for me is going to do to my heart." She put the sandwiches on plates, the both sat down at the table and ate. She looked up at him and sighed.

"What is it?" He asked, chewing the bite he was eating.

"I missed a class," she admitted.

"Wait what? When did this happen?"

"The other day. It's not going to affect my chances at the grant, but there was this guy being bullied. I just sat and talked with him awhile."

"Jesus, sometimes you're a bit too perfect, Katie."

"I'm going to walk him to his next class so those guys leave him alone."

"Who is it?"

"His name is Christian."

"Well he's lucky that you ran into him. I'm glad it didn't hurt your chances to get the grant though. You deserve it. Anyone who doesn't miss a day of school deserves something."

"Oh, so, Annie and Kevin want me to move in after I graduate. Isn't that great?"

"Seriously? Yeah that's awesome. Anything is better than you staying here."

"Yeah, I know. I've had my scholarship letter up all week and my mom covered it with the note that she was leaving town. It's just so frustrating."

"I know, I'm sorry. I wish I could do something to make your mom realize the amazing girl she's missing out on, but."

"There's nothing that can be done, but thanks."

"You know that I'm proud of you right? You inspire me and motivate me to be the best version of myself."

"You're too much sometimes," she said with an embarrassed laugh. "But thanks, that's sweet."

"You're the sweet one," he said pulling her towards him. She stood up and he pulled her onto his lap. "Talented, sweet, beautiful and all mine," he said pulling her closer and kissing her.