Chapter Eleven

Katie had to stay behind in English for a minute because her teacher wanted to commend her on her paper. She walked out of the class smiling, but her smile instantly faded when she heard shouts. She rushed towards them already knowing what to expect. Daves, Tyler and Rick were pushing Christian between them, taking turns punching him. His face was bloody and she saw one of his eyes was swollen.

"Stop it!" Katie screamed unsure of what came over her. She pushed Daves causing him to stop and giving Christian a chance to step away.

"You little bitch," Daves shouted extending his arm and hitting Katie in the stomach causing her to fall. Katie clung to her stomach. "You think you can just push me and get away with it. Let's spread those legs and see what's underneath that skirt."

"Stop it!" Katie screamed.

Daves had his hands on her legs, but before he could do anything Christian tackled him. Tyler and Rick reacted and started towards them but Katie took her shoe off and threw it at them. She knew it wasn't a very impactful move, but it got them distracted. She stood up and felt her heart pumping rapidly as Tyler and Rick headed towards her. They grabbed her and pinned her against the wall.

"Christian," she screamed out.

He turned to her. He pushed Daves out of the way and ran over to her. He pulled Tyler off and punched him causing him to fall. He was out of breath and took a pretty heavy blow when Rick punched him. Rick let go of her and she caught herself before she fell.

"Christian!" She exclaimed running over to him.

"Oh no," Daves said blocking her. "You little cunt, you've caused us way too many problems." He grabbed her by the shirt, lifting her off the ground. She blushed and felt herself choking against the fabric. She felt the tears streaming from her eyes. "The crying has just begun," he said, his voice threatening.

"What is going on here!" The Principal yelled coming towards them. Daves let her go and she crumbled to the floor. "Daves, Tyler and Rick to my office now!" He screamed.

Daves glared at her and they started forth towards the principal's office. He came over and helped Katie and Christian up. "Are you two alright? What happened here?"

"Daves. And Tyler. And Rick." She struggled to form a sentence choking on her tears with each word.

"Hey it's okay. It's okay. Why don't you both head to the nurse's station."

Christian stood up and helped her up. She looked at him. His face was covered in blood. His lip was cracked and his eye purple. She frowned and felt her lip quiver.

"It's going to be over soon, I promise," Christian said.

She nodded and felt her sobs coming back up. She couldn't hold back and cried into her hands. She felt his hand on her back as he led her towards the nurse's station. She made it out without any scrapes, but her stomach was still a bit sore from the impact. Christian on the other hand had cotton stuffed up his nose and a bag of ice over his eye. The nurse dabbed a cloth against his lip until it was clean. She used another cloth to clean the rest of his face.

"Does it hurt?" Katie asked him. She heard the quiver in her voice, it was so soft she barley considered it a whisper.

"I'll be okay," he said, giving her a small reassuring smile.

"I'm sorry if I made it worse."

He shook his head. "You didn't. You're the only one who doesn't."

"You saved me again," she said looking down.

"That'll be the last time they hurt you," he said, causing her to meet his gaze. "I promise."

She smiled. Unsure of where this confidence was coming from. He said that once before and this time was worse. She decided not to question him. He saved her and she didn't want to repay him with pessimism.