Chapter 12

Jacob..

He was here. Awake. And running towards me. I fumbled around on the ground trying to get on my feet as Jake contuied to come at me. My hair in my face I finally got to my feet half dazed from what I had just seen.

    "JACOB RUN". I shouted at him as everything became a blur. Everything happened so fast that I couldn't even begin to process it all. Standing in front of me was now another wolf...but it was like he was protecting me from the other one. And as it looked back at me with its big brown eyes I knew who it was instantly...

    "Jake..?"

My eyes couldn't believe what I had just seen. This guy...Jacob. They were. They had just turned into...wolves. I glanced over at my sister who was laying on the ground just as dazed as I was. My mind felt like it had been shattered into a million little pieces and everything that I had ever know had just changed in an instant.

     "Get them to Emily's now!"

Two of the tan guys helped me to my feet and had to carry me to the truck pretty much because I was just frozen in time. I could not think straight, and my voice fell quiet in my throat as I tried to cry out.

      They had brought me and my sister to this little log cabin centered in the middle of the woods and I could see that Bella had relaxed a little, but I was still on edge. My mind was still dazed, and I was wanted to get some answer. Even if they were ones that I didn't want to hear. I needed to hear them.

     "Is Jake going to be okay?" Bella asked the two guys as she helped me inside. The thinner boy of the two who I had learned was named Embry smiled.

    "He'll be fine. I think its Paul who should be worried though". He replied opening the door for us. I nodded my head as best as I could and sat myself down at the table. Bella handed me a blanket from the rack next to me.

    "Why?"

Embrey looked from Quill to me. "Well..."

   "I think you two better let Jake talk to them". Both of us looked up to see women with long black hair and a nice smile placing food down at the table. She looked over at my sister leaning against the wall and her smile sort of faded a bit.

     "I'm Emily'. She introduced herself. I smiled nervously and shook her hand. "You must be Alex". I nodded my head at her. I still couldn't seem to find my voice and I didn't care. Both boys joined me and Bella at the table as Emily began to set a plate of biscuits on the table. They both reached for one, but Emily swatted their hands away.

     "Save some for your brothers". She stated firmly.

I smiled a bit at her comment and glanced over at my sister who still seemed dazed, but not as much as me. It was almost like she had known. But that was crazy. Bella had no idea that Jacob Black was a werewolf...Then why didn't she seem as affected by it as I was?

    "Will Jake be back soon?" Bella asked breaking our silence. Emily smiled and handed me a muffin. I shook my head and pulled a strained of hair behind my ear.

    "He and Paul just needed to get their anger out. I'm sure they'll be back soon". Emily said as we heard footsteps coming up the stairs.

    "Hey". I didn't need to turn my head to see who that was. I knew that was Jake's voice straight away. Jake made his way over to me. "Can we talk?"

I nodded my head and pulled the blanket off me and followed him out the door and behind the little cabin in the woods. When he stopped I couldn't help myself, I wrapped my arms around him and just let the tears come. I couldn't hold it back anymore. I had completely been going out of my mind worrying about him. I cared about him and now that I could see that he was...okay I could feel myself feeling reviled. When I pulled away from him Jake smiled.

     "I thought you'd be pissed at me". He laughed. I wiped my eyes with my hands and shook my head. All my anger had faded when I saw that he was okay. or as okay as he could.

    "I was more worried then anything, Jake'. I said letting myself catch my breath. "You just stopped talking to me. And to Bella. I thought you hated us or that...well I'm just glad that your okay". I said. Jake shook his head and grabbed my hand. Placing it in his.

    "Hey, I could never hate you Alex". Jake said. I smiled and blushed. Then I pulled a piece of hair back as I could feel my heart beat quicken. "I care about you".

    "I know that. I just wonder"

Jake moved closer. "Wonder what?"

    "Were you ever going to tell me about this? Or were you ever going to talk to me again?"

Jake shook his head and sat us down on one of the logs that formed a circle.

    "I wanted to tell you- "

   "But?"

Jake sighed and looked up at me with his warm brown eyes. "I didn't want to put you to get involved, Alex. You saw what happened to Emily. That scar on her face was caused by her fiancé losing his temper. I couldn't bare it if that ever happened to you. If I lost my temper and hurt, you". He was hurting, and I just wanted to comfort him and tell, him that everything would be fine, but I didn't know that.

     "Alex you are important to me and I don't want to hurt you". Jake said softly looking down.

I smiled and laid my head against his shoulder. "Your important to me too, Jake. I just wish that you had told me about all this sooner. You had me going out of my mind".

Jake grinned and pulled me closer to his body. The heat from his body was over whelming hot. He was like a heated blanket of warm and I liked it.

     "I promise you that I won't worry you again". He said as a smile fell across my lips.

    "I'll hold you to that, Jake". I said. "I think you better talk to Bella about all this...werewolf stuff". I told Jake as he helped me up. "she's probably just as confused as I am". Jake smiled and reached for my hand leading me back to the front of the cabin.

    "I'll see you later'. Jake said to me with a wink as Bella came out of the cabin. I smiled and nodded my head walking back into the cabin.