Chapter 13

Charlie wasn't too happy about us staying out to late and I couldn't blame him, but when Bella explained to him that we went to visit Jake his attitude about it all seemed to change, and I could see that he was happy to see us getting to see Jake again. And so was I.

As the night grew later and rolled into midnight I put on my old pjs and slipped into bed with my laptop. It had been a while seen I had last sent my mom and email, so I figured that I better do one before I forgot again and before mom sent me a angry phone call.

After writing both my mom and my best friend from Arizona a nice lengthily email I rolled over on my bed to see that it was almost 2 am. Crap. It was pretty early in the morning and I had school in a few hours. Defiantly time to shut my lights off and get some sleep. Pulling the covers over me I heard a small pong against my window. I pushed the covers off me and went over to my window. Standing straight underneath the tree just outside my house was Jake in a hoodie tank and tan shorts.

     "Hey'. Jake smirked at me and I could not help, but snicker at him and blush deeply.

     "What are you doing here?" I questioned him. "It's nearly two am Jake".

Jake smiled and backed up a bit. "you might want to move back". Then he ran ot the tree and kicked off the lower branch and pretty much climbed up the side of my house and flipped into my room through the window.

     "Your insane, you know that, right?" I replied while Jake rolled his eyes and moved in closer to me. Closing the gap between us. I could feel my heartbeat racing against my chest.

    "Maybe I am". He said softly as he lips were just inches away from mine. I felt my heart beat quicken and I braced my hands up against his chest. I could feel his heart best too and it was just as quick as mine. I looked up at his yes and I saw the compassion in them. I let out a sigh to calm down my breathing and went over to my bed. Jake joined me on my bed and I brought his hand onto my lap.

    "I care about you, Alex". Jake said turning to face me. "I always have. Your my best friend, but I-"

I smiled and brought my hands up to his face. "You want more". Jake sighed and laid his hand over mine. "Jake you know now I feel about you, but I just don't want to screw it up". Jake chuckled and laid back down on my bed.

    "If anyone should be worried about screwing this up its me. I'm not exactly what you'd call normal".

I laughed a bit and laid down next to him. "Normal is overrated anyone". A laugh escaped both our throats as both of us leaned in and in seconds our lips had melted into each other and I could feel Jake's hand moving through my long brown hair while I slid mine up his unzipped hoodie. I could feel myself losing it and I pulled away biting my lip. Jake smiled and kissed my forehead and I rested my head back on his chest.

     "I'm sorry". He apologized. I shook my head.

    "I'm sorry too, Jake". I replied sitting up from the bed. "Its getting late and I do not want Charlie to come up here and find a boy in my room". Jake smiled and nodded his head.

     "Yeah". he placed his arms behind his head. Letting his elbows stick out. "I would not want to have Charlie stop me from seeing you". Jake said as he planted another kiss on my forehead. Then he pulled me into a small hug and I smiled. I felt so relaxed in his arms. It felt like home in a way.

     "See you tomorrow?"

Jake smiled and moved towards my window. "Definitely". And then he jumped from my window and vanished into the night.
***

The next morning, I woke up rather late and walked myself downstairs. Then I helped myself to the last slice of bread in the cabinet and placed it in the old toaster. Reaching into the fridge I pulled out the bottle of orange juice and poured myself a glass of it.

     "Did you sleep good last night?" I turned around from the kitchen window to see my sister in her old hoodie from Arizona high school and a striped pair of pj pants. I smiled at her and took a sip of my juice.

     "I did. Why do you ask?"

Bella smiled. "Because I heard you two". I smiled and turned away from her as my toast popped up.

     "I have no idea what you are talking about, Bells". I said trying to hide the excitement in my voice.

     "Jake's not actually quiet when it comes to jumping from a window".

     "Who really is". Both of us chuckled as I sat down at the table with my breakfast. Bella smiled and put a waffle in the still hot toaster.

     "So, does that mean you two are..."

I smiled. "I think so". I replied looking down at my plate.

     "You think?"

      "I mean he did kiss me, so I guess that means were a thing now". I clarified for her. Bella smiled and went over to check on her waffles. I let out a sigh and glanced over at phone.

I never really asked Jake if we were a couple, but after that intense kiss that we both shared it had to be the beginning of something. It clearly meant something to him and it meant something to me.

     "who's a thing now?" Both of us turned to see a fully dressed for work Charlie standing in the arch way of the kitchen. Bella glanced over at me and I nodded my head. Better tell him, or he'd get suspicious

     "Jake and I are dad".

He smiled and patted me on the back. "Good to hear it, kiddo". My dad seemed happy about me and Jake being a couple and that made me feel happy too. I knew my dad had always thought of Jake as a part of the family and now that he was going to be spending more time it would give him a chance to hangout with him.

     "Thanks- "I said just as a knock came at the door. I jumped up from my seat and bolted straight for it. When I pulled back the heavy door I was immediately jerked into Jake's chest. He wrapped his arms around me.

    "Jake I just saw y-"

   "Good to see you kid". Charlie greeted Jake coming into the living room. Jake pulled away from me and went over to hug my dad. Charlie patted him on the back. When they pulled away Bella came out from the stairway and smiled at them. Our dad was not much of a hugger, but when it came to Jake and us that whole rule was dropped just like that.

    "You too Charlie". Jake said patting him on the back. He then made his way over to me and put his arm around my shoulders. Dad smiled and gave me the I'll leave you kids alone now look. His look made me giggle a bit.

    "Off to work, Kiddos. Ill see you both later".

I waved. "Bye Dad". As the door shut behind him Jake planted a kiss on my cheek making me blush lightly.

Had to break up this chapter into two separate ones cause it was way too long.