Chapter 14

"Missed seeing your dad, but he seemed off". Jake said as we both sat down on the couch Jake's arm still around me. I cozied myself up to him wrapping my legs up against my chest.

   "He's missed you too, Jake.". I said. "That might have something to do with the fact that you pissed off both his kids'. Jake let out a sigh and turned his face away from me. He was still beating himself up for not telling me and Bells, but he didn't want to put us in danger and I understood that. I placed my hand on his cheek.

    "Hey, I'm sorry, but he'll be okay". Jake tried flashing me a smile, but I still see past it. He was going to be beating himself up over this for a while.

   "Hope your right, Alex". Grinning I kissed his cheek.

     "I am". Both of chuckled as Bella stepped into the room and smiled at Jake. Bella still seemed on edge by what Jake had told her about him being a werewolf, but she also didn't seem surprised. Like this had been normal for her, which did not make a whole lot of sense to me.

    "Hey Bells". Jake said acknoglging her presence. The tension and awkwardness between them could be sensed from a mile away. Bella folded her arms over her chest making the tee on her back scrunch up against her pale skin.

    "Hi Jake". She replied taking a seat on the opposite side of the room. "Sorry about pissing Paul off and getting you in trouble with Sam" Jake shook his head his facial expression changing into a more serious tone.

   "It not your fault Bells. I should have told you. Both of you the truth, but I didn't".

I smiled and wrapped my arms around him. "You did what you thought was best, Jake".

   "Still. Bella you're my best friend and Alex..." Jake's softness as he said my name concerned me a bit. He hesitated to finish his sentence and that did not feel good to me. Jake and I had talked everything out between us last night. There didn't seem to be anymore secrets between us...but with the hesitation in Jakes voice now I didn't know what to think.

     "Bella do you mind leaving me alone with Alex". Bella opened her mouth to protest, but she shut it back and nodded her head awkwardly then exited the room. Leaving us alone.  Jake then turned his body toward me. His tank top falling so perfectly across his tan chest as he reached for my hands and placed them in his.

I had no idea what Jake was about to tell me in this moment, but I could feel the tension radiating off him and that did not sit well with me.

Not one bit.

   "Jake your freaking me out. What's going on?". I questioned my boyfriend. Jake smiled slightly.

   "Do you remember when Emily told you that she was more than Sam's girlfriend?"

Nodding my head, I pulled my hair out of my face.

    "Yeah". I replied. "She's his fiancée"

Jake shook his head. "She didn't mean that, Alex".

Where was he going with this...?

   "then what did she mean, Jake?"

Jake sighed. "Emily is Sam's mate".

What?

Mate...? what the hell was he talking about. Mates where only a thing if you were an animal like a...

Werewolf...

    "Wait as in like your destined other half like what wolves and birds have?" Jake let a giggle and shook his head as I couldn't help but smile.

    "Yeah I guess that's one word for it". Jake replied as he planted a kiss on my hands. I rolled my eyes that nudged his elbow. 

     "Then how would you describe it?"

Smiling Jake wrapped his arms around me. Then he kissed the top of my forehead. "We don't call it mates really. We call it imprinting".

    "Imprinting? That sounds so gross". Jake chuckled.

    "anyway". Jake said changing the subject and getting back to his original thought. "It is like the thing holding you to this earth is her. You would be anything. Do anything for her. You'd take a bullet for her. Die for her. She becomes your everything, Alex". Jake said softly to me with such emotions in his voice. I let out a sigh and ran my fingers though my long brown hair.

I knew there was still so much that I did not know about wolves in general. Let alone a freaking non-existences creature that now existed. And I was dating one. Half one to be correct.

    "That's sweet. Creepy, but sweet. But Jake what does Emily being Sam's mate have to do with us...." I placed my hand over my chest as Jake shook his head.

     "Yeah...."

    "Wait so your saying that I'm..." Jake nodded his head and brought my hands closer to him.

    "I know you did not ask for any of this, Alex, but I care about you. I want to be with you no matter what".

I brought my hands up his cheeks and smiled. "Jake this is all new to me, but you are my best friend and I care about you too. This may be strange and unreal to me, but I don't want to lose you". I then pushed my myself on to him and left his warm engulf me.

      "It may take time for me to wrap my head around this, but I think I can do it...."

    "Wow". Jake said pulling away from my lips. He smirked making my cheeks flame up into a hot bed of blush. "Your incredible".

     "I have that affect on guys".

Here's the second half of the chapter for you guys!