Chapter 13 - An Early Arrival

Emma is early to school? Shock-horror, I know.

Enjoy this chapter!

~D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got to school early the next day. Wow I can't believe I used the words "school" and "early" in the same sentence that wasn't "I am never early to school." But anyway, yes, I got to registration before my form teacher. In fact, I had got there before Timothy Silver, the class nerd, had! This was quite the shock for me. I was well and truly proud.

"Emma?" a nasal voice from behind me cried out in surprise.

My eyes turned to find the face of the person in shock. It was Timothy. The guy was as neatly dressed as usual, with his black hair combed equally on either side of his parting and his glasses were shining due to being thoroughly polished. He pushed them further up the bridge of his nose and raised both of his eyebrows.

"Hello Timothy!" I gave the guy a wave which caused him to flinch.

"Is it the end of the world already?" Timothy asked me, his eyes squinting at me, as if he was unconvinced about my presence.

"Nope, that's in half an hour!" I remarked, thinking about Maths, where I would be forced to confront that idiot, Grey.

"I don't think I can sit down, this doesn't feel right at all..." Timothy muttered to himself, completely ignoring my complaint about Maths.

He stood there awkwardly, his eyes flitting around the room before landing on me.

"Emma, why are you here so early?" he suddenly spoke up after a minute of shifting and fidgeting.

I gave him a shrug. I had slept like a baby after putting my phone on silent and turning it off. This allowed me to get up earlier than usual.

"Early night," I stated, my eyes fixed on his uncomfortable figure.

Timothy just gave me a weak smile as he leaned on a desk behind him.

"Timothy just sit down somewhere honestly...." I commanded, bothered by his awkward behaviour.

He looked at his feet, trudging to his desk at the front of the classroom. Rigid as ever, he sat down at his seat and stared at the wall in front of him.

I sighed, was it really that surprising to see me here early?

"Good morning Timoth- Emma!?"

My form teacher Mrs Cooper stopped in the doorway, her eyes wide and body frozen.

"Miss Redbourne, what are you doing here?" She exclaimed, her hand on her chest. Had she literally had a heart attack by seeing me?

"Thought I would be early for once." I explained briefly as Mrs Cooper pinched her arm.

"I'm not dreaming..." she whispered as she sat down at her desk.

After a few minutes, Mrs Cooper snapped out of her extreme shock and faced me with the most forced smile I had ever seen on anyone's face.

"Lovely to see you Miss Redbourne. It seems your time in detention paid off..."

I gave her an equally fake smile back and thought about how to face that toad, Grey.

***

"Oh my god Emma, why are you here?" I heard Dee yell from behind me.

I spun my head around and half of the class gasped in surprise.

"Yes, it's me, surprise, surprise..." I waved them off, rolling my eyes.

"Aw shame, I usually rest my legs on your seat." Dee admitted as she pulled out the seat next to me and sat down.

I gave her a glare as my head fell on the desk. Somehow, I was tired again.

"Hey Emma!" a new voice popped up. I lifted my head to see Natalie Rose and her group. They were the self-appointed "cool kids" in our class and never in my life had they ever even looked at me, let alone addressed me by name.

"Hello Natalie," I replied dully. What did she want from me?

"Is it true that you and Grey Black are going out?" she questioned me excitedly, twirling a strand of her golden hair around her pink fingers. The entire class went silent and starting crowding around our desk. Some people had their mouths wide open.

I was just about to deny it all when an irritatingly familiar voice interrupted.

"Yes, we are."

Grey Black waltzed into the classroom and lifted me from my seat by the waist and twirling me around in the air, before finally placing a small kiss on my cheek.

My eyes widened at the sudden contact. What was this fool doing?

I subtly pinched his arm and he, clenching his jaw, released me from his grip. I was about to start cursing at him when I heard the whole class erupt into a chaotic mess of "awws" and "oohs." They believed it!? Even Mrs Cooper seemed impressed.

"Grey, sweetie," I sarcastically drawled, "can we speak in private please?"

"Of course, my little Emerald." Grey teased as I yanked his hand and pulled him out of the classroom of love-crazed teenagers.

I shut the door and faced Grey, my lips curved into a deep scowl.

"What the hell was that!?"