⪻ 49 ⪼

⪻⪻⪼⪼

True to my word, I'd been slaving away in this kitchen for the last several hours. Everything was practically baked, plated, and ready to go, but it still felt as if things weren't finished. My worries were that I didn't make enough desserts for the guests, but Anne has assured me numerous times that I did make enough. And shortly after her assurance, she shooed me away to get dressed in time for Harry, who should be here to pull me away from my work momentarily.

"There you are!"

Speak of the devil.

Looking up from the last of the desserts I'm plating, I see Harry enter the kitchen. He's dressed to his best in a perfectly fitted suit and a pair of Gucci boots he bought himself when he went on a short weekend trip to London with Niall and Liam. He looks absolutely gorgeous, handsome, and grown-up. He looks like a professional model with that outfit and his perfect God-like body.

"What are you doing back here?" He questions once he's entered the room fully. I stand tall from my post and smile over at him.

"I'm working." I answer, putting a finishing touch on one of my chocolate mini rolls.

"You said I could steal you away as soon as the sweets are plated." He tells me, repeating my words for all to hear; and by all, I mean just me. "According to that guy," Harry points to a man that's been in charge of getting the food ready to serve, "the desserts are plated and ready to go, so come along."

He sounds like an impatient child, awaiting a trip to the ice cream parlor; and he acts like it to. Harry waltzes up to me and pulls me away from the counter of treats, forcing me to stop working. It's forceful, but it's what I need. I'd be here all night if it weren't for Harry.

"I can't." I tell him, slightly joking with him.

"What? Why?"

"I'm not ready yet." I tell him, looking down at my outfit. My gown length dress brushes against the floor as I walk and my stilettos sit at the edge of the room away from my bare feet. Harry reaches across, running his hands down my arms until they reach my hands. He holds me at arms length and gives me a delicate observation on my body.

"What are you on about?" He wonders, letting his eyes roam my body until they meet my own eyes. "You look gorgeous, beautiful..." He pauses and takes a step towards me with his eyes burning into mine,"...ravishing." Blushing, I push him off of me and shake my head. "What's really going on?"

"I don't fit in with anyone out there." I tell him, pointing towards the wall to Harry's rear. Just beyond the wall is the banquet hall filled with doctors, chairpeople, and other guests of the charity ball, all of which I have nothing in common with. "Everyone is so successful and... and beautiful and I'm just the baker."

"Hey," Harry lifts my chin so I'm looking up at him, "you're the incredibly talented and unbelievably gorgeous baker, who is also my lady. I don't care about your status and neither do most the people out there. So suck it up, baby." Harry tells me with a straight face, causing me to laugh.

"Harry!"

"No, come on!" He orders me, grabbing my hand and dragging me towards my shoes. Like the gentleman he is, he kneels before me and slides my heels on like I'm Cinderella.

As his warm hands brush a little higher on my leg than just my ankle, I feel the shivers run all over my body. I'm caught off guard in this moment and Harry takes that to his advantage, pulling me with him out into the banquet hall. The once quiet area I was happily baking in is now replaced with the loud chatter and music of the charity ball for Cancer research.