⪻ 59 ⪼

only one more chapter after this :( xx

⪻⪻⪼⪼

Today's the day.

Belle's opens today and I couldn't be more excited, or nervous. We're talking about my dream from when I was young finally coming true. I can't seem to wrap my head around it just yet; I'd be on cloud nine if it weren't for the nagging stress and nervous breakdown I fear will make an appearance today. I'm not feeling as stressed about the day to come, perhaps thanks to Harry.

What can I say? Getting laid does relieve some stress, and going for three rounds last night and another this morning has increasingly lowered my anxiety and stress by the hundreds. And Harry's suggestion for keeping my stress at bay... "picture last night and all your worries will just wash away, doctor's recommendation".

Which leads us to where I currently am: sitting in my office with my head down on the desk, taking deep breaths and trying to picture Harry's God-like body hovering over mine. I'd be aroused if it weren't for the panicky feeling creeping throughout my entire body.

"Annabelle, oh!" I jump out of fright from the feminine voice at the door of my office, snapping my head up to see Ruby.

I'm not sure if I was more frightened by the fact that I was snuck up on or the fact that Ruby sounds more excited than I've heard her be. She's usually pretty monotone, or soft spoken, this is the most animated I've ever her her.

"You alright?" Sighing, I nod my head at Ruby, trying my best to put a smile on my face. Let's face it though, she can see right through the smile. She, and my other employee, have had first row seats to the stressed baker that is myself. It's not a new sight at all.

"Yep." I reply, wiping a bit of eye makeup from the corner of my eye.

"You'll never believe it." Groaning inwardly, I fall back against my chair, bracing myself for what she's about to say.

"Please tell me nothing is on fire." I beg.

Ruby laughs and shakes her head at me whilst stepping further into the room. She's followed into my office by my other employee; a young lad still in university, but completely committed to the bakery and everything about it. Sometimes I have to beg him to go to classes, that's how dedicated he is.

"God no."

"Don't freak her out like that, Ruby."

"Thank you, Ian." I mutter, sighing deeply as I brace myself for the news to come.

Both Ian and Ruby have happy looks on their faces, so whatever news they have for me, it must be decent. Maybe everything is all set and ready for opening or Harry is finally here to calm me down before opening.

"Okay, what is it?" I finally ask, having prepared myself as much as possible in such little time.

Ruby smiles the widest I've ever seen and glances to Ian, who has a matching happy expression. They both motion out of my office and into the kitchen, perhaps out to the storefront too but I can only see the semi-tidy kitchen.

"There is literally a queue wrapped nearly around the entire building."

My jaw nearly drops at her confession. I figured, well hoped, people would come, but never in a million years did I expect there to be such a queue. I almost didn't believe Ruby, too afraid that she was, for some reason, lying to me.

"You're serious?" I find myself asking, not knowing whether to believe her or not. Her and Ian nod their heads.

"Bloody serious." Ian answers. He rounds my desk and extends a hand out for me. "Now, your time for meditation is over, Annabelle. We've been working towards today for months now and we are more than ready. It's showtime."