°~《Chapter Seven》~°

The next couple of weeks seemed to go by in an instant. I got to harmonize with Dan during the Morning Song every day and even got to talk with Tasha when she visited with her handler.

Tasha gave us some tips for trying to settle in and also told us that she talked with her handler. Dan and I were both shocked when we learned this bit of news. I made sure to tell Dan I wasn't ready for our secret to be let out and he agreed to stay quiet for now.

Other than the Morning Song, which was recorded every day, Dan had the pleasure of going through command training. He didn't seem all that bothered by it but it could have been because he was in the military for a while and was used to it.

They tried to get me to do simple commands such as "come" but I just didn't feel up to the tasks unless there was a strawberry or sunburst berry involved. I was pretty content on staying underneath the heat lamp for as long as I could. The warmth hit my back and made it feel so much better.

There was a slight downfall to having no scales on my back, though. Even if I tried to stay under the lamp for as long as possible, my protective scales were gone making my back burn with the extra contact of the heat. Tuskon and Marcy took turns using the scrubbing pad and oil on me. I didn't enjoy having to rely on the Kymari to get my scales cleaned but the oil on my back and cuts were enough for me to accept it.

Tuskon and Marcy had friends over every now and then which didn't bother Dan as much as it did me. He just loved the attention and would even let them pet his head for a few seconds before flying off. I growled at any of their friends if they tried to get too close to me, and Dan would fly over to distract them from trying to pet my head.

I didn't care if Dan took all the attention. He was just that kind of person. I always had problems with people trying to randomly touch me, even in my past life. Being touched was just not something that I enjoyed.

Today both Marcy and Tuskon were going out. That left Dan and I to have full range of the house. Dan wanted to explore the rest of the rooms and I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to as well. I've been cooped up in the large living room for far too long.

My painkillers had been reduced these last couple of days and I've been able to walk around more freely. My back still hurt but I was at least able to stretch out my wings now.

I carefully jumped from the table, to the couch, then to the floor. I didn't unfurl my wings in case I strained my back again.

Dan was on the ground waiting for me. Together, we walked to the only open door which lead to the kitchen. Tuskon and Marcy rarely ever shut it and if they did, it was because they had food sitting out.

I wasn't surprised to see the counters bare of anything edible. Of course there were their weapons that they seemed to just have everywhere. The amount of weapons the Kymari have laying around their homes still freaks me out.

We knew Marcy would be home sooner than Tuskon since they didn't want to leave us alone for too long. The time we would spend in the kitchen would have to be a short one if we didn't want to get caught. They would surely keep this door shut permanently if they saw us rearranging their counters. Not that there was a lot of stuff to rearrange.

Dan flew onto the high counter top and looked down at me. His mindvoice was filled with humor, "You ready?"

I flicked my tail from side to side as I let out a trail of clicks. "Of course!"

The game begins! Dan began to push some small objects off the counter down to where I was waiting. Without ceasing my clicking I try my best to catch every fallen item.

Trapped With WingsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara