°~《Chapter Eight》~°

I sat right inbetween Tuskon's and Marcy's chairs. I caught the scent of something fishy while they were cooking their breakfast and I wanted some. Every bite they took was followed by my eyes. I was really close to upping my begs when Tuskon looked down at me from where he sat.

He waved his utensil with a piece of fish in the air, "Do you want some?"

I did a little spin just like how my dog always did to show my excitement. I really wanted that fish.

"Okay Aspen, sit."

I was pleased that he used my name so I sat as quickly as I could. I heard Dan chuckling in our mindlink. He wasn't interested in any fish so he had stayed in the doorway. I was barely even able to get in here before they tried to shut the door. I may be only as big as his foot, but it wasn't about to stop me from getting inside.

Tuskon reached down and I used my nose to bump around his fingers until I found my desired treat.

Marcy's voice rose above my chewing, "You've chosen their names already? When did this happen?"

Tuskon finished a bite from his plate, "There were two voices that came to me last night. It was so weird. Try thinking of whispering, but instead of it being spoke into your ear, it skips right into your brain."

Marcy spoke with humor lacing her words, "Okay so this inside voice told you her name would be Aspen, so what about his?"

Tuskon looked at Dan who was still waiting in the doorway and held out his hand. "Dan, to fist."

Dan swerved his head at the sound of his name being called and took off to fly to Tuskon's clenched fist. He was offered a piece of fish but turned it down after sniffing it and then snorting.

Tuskon dropped the fish back onto his plate, "I guess you don't want any."

I let out a high pitched chirp that they'd be able to hear, "I want it!"

Marcy looked down at me and laughed, "Looks like there is someone else who wants it."

I chirped again while jumping to my feet, "That's what I said!"

Tuskon bent over in his chair to put his hand closer to the ground, "Aspen, to fist."

It wasn't a command that they had tried with me yet, but I was determined to get that fish. I scampered over to his fist with help of my echolocation and carefully climbed on top without clawing him. I wobbled a little as he lifted me up and gave me a bite size piece if fish. I still wasn't satisfied.

I swallowed the fish and whistled at him, "Come on, just a little more?"

Tuskon shook his head, "How are you still hungry after being fed earlier? Where is all this food going?"

I narrowed my blind eyes at him as I answered with a few tweets, "That's a different stomach, now give me more fish!"

Tuskon laughed and raised his fist to his shoulder, "Aspen, to shoulder."

If it means more fish, I'll do it! I jumped from his fist to his shoulder and kept my balance with the pad he was wearing over top his shirt. He gave me a bigger piece of fish and I laid down to enjoy the flavor. After finishing, I was content and completely stuffed. Even if they didn't use any spices on their food, it still tasted amazing.

I rested on his shoulder pad as he finished his breakfast. They chatted over different things that I didn't overly care about. Once they switched the topic over to us, I really began listening.