~ⒶⓁⓍ~

There is a fine line between what is right and what is wrong. There is a fine line between fact and fiction. There is a fine line between a lie and the truth. 

My fingers flicked through pages of the old book, that seemed to have been written in the 17th century. I had the gift of understanding language and even these words messed with my head. 

Katrina sat on Tristan's lap, his head buried into her neck. Her long red nails caressed his arm, as she thought deeply about something. His arms were wrapped tightly around her waist and she squirmed slightly at his possessiveness. 

My mate sat next to me, trying to decipher the book in front of her. She was book smart and street smart as she liked to put it, and the crease on her forehead proved it. Her eyes glazed over as she processed her thoughts and quickly jotted them down on the notepad next to her.

Ray was asleep and Camilla was on her phone texting someone, her fingers literally flying over the screen. Her legs were propped up on Ray's legs, and Ray's hand lay over her crossed ankles. 

An addition to the small circle we had was Azrail and Timothy. The inner circle as Jade put, was now complete. Azrail conjured shadows up and spun them in the palm of his hand. Trinity was basically the twin of Jade, although while Jade had life in her eyes, Trinity's black eyes were soulless and void of emotion. 

Timothy remained mateless due to the fact that he never saved himself for his mate, although eventually he would have to pick a women to provide an heir for his throne. He was the perfect definition of a good boy. Blue eyes, blonde hair. The exterior hid the amount of pain he had on the inside. Like every single one of us here. 

I looked to where Damon stood. He had been standing quietly for an hour, just staring out the large window. I followed his gaze to see the twins fighting. Except with the elements. Shirts off and sweat gleaming off their frames, they fought. Jade was watching them, snapping commands here and there. 

She still looked exhausted and pale from her shift. Red streaked her hair, from the shift and the tattoo on her neck circled the back of her neck like a choker. Her hair was done up in a messy bun, showing off the ink and mark. 

A matching mark was on Damon's neck, that was permanent and clear for all to see. Our mates could mark us all they wanted, but it would still fade, since only males were supposed to mark females. 

"This whole Gregory business needs to be done and over with." he spoke out finally, turning around to face us. 

Camilla hit Ray and he jumped slightly and shot her a glare. Azrail put the shadows away and he leaned forward. Tristan lifted his head slightly from Kat's neck. Basically Damon had everyone's attention now. 

"What are you going to do about it?" Tristan asked

"Track and torture." Damon replied simply

"That's vague." Jade said from behind of the room. We all turned to her in surprise. She had somehow managed to sneak into a room of professional alpha's and we hadn't noticed. "Don't trouble yourselves so much. Do you know how many times I had to sneak into my house with after long night partying?" she smirked at us and leaned back on the wall. 

"Thank God." Timothy sighed and stood up. Jade held her hand up, her eye widened. 

"I didn't tell him yet." her eyes remained wide and a sheepish look crossed her face.

"I really don't care." Tim said and stepped towards her.

"Tell me what?" Damon asked confusion plain on his face. Tim ignored him and Jade shot him an apologetic look.