IX

Wounds

Wounds

Rosemary was munching on a candy bar she bought from the vending machine in the student lounge. In there were her and Jughead, who stayed back against the wall by the vending machines. Some football players were scattered around the couch listening to Reggie complaining. Rosemary saw Veronica talking to Chuck Clayton, the coach's son, and Betty and Kevin were towards the back. Just as Reggie started up another complaint, Archie Andrews walked in and joined them

Rosemary looked like her usual self again. She wore a pair of light wash jeans and a dark blue, cropped sweater. She wore some makeup to hide the dark circles from lack of sleep and her hair was stick straight as usual.

"And Sheriff Keller's grilling me, Mantle the Magnificent," Reggie complained about being questioned for Jason Blossom's death. He rolled his eyes and scoffed. "'Cause I'd want Blossom dead. When he was, like, the only good quarterback we had. And speaking of offensive tight-ends, I should've sent the sops to you, Moose. Because here's another unsolved mystery. What exactly were you and Kevin doing at the river, huh? Or does being with the sheriff's son give you a free pass? Keller?"

All the football players turned to Kevin, ready to question him. Rosemary sighed and threw the rest of her candy bar away and walked over to Reggie, slapping the back of his head.

"Stop being a blowhard," Rosemary scolded him like a mother. "And play nice."

"Yes ma'am," Reggie rolled his eyes.

"But," Reggie continued. "I mean, let's think about it. If a kid at Riverdale killed Jason, it's not gonna be a jock, right? No, let's be honest. Isn't it always some spooky, scrawny, pathetic Internet troll, too busy writing his manifestos to get laid? Some smug, moody, serial killer fanboy freak... Like Jughead?" 

Rosemary tensed up and glared down Reggie frown where she stood. When all the Bulldog's eyes landed on Jughead, she sent them a glare even colder that made their gaze falter.

"What was it like, Suicide Squad?' Reggie asked, despite my warning looks. "When you shot Jason? You didn't do stuff to the body, did you? Like... After?"

"It's called necrophilia, Reggie," Jughead sassed, raising an eyebrow at him. "Can you spell it?"

"Come here, you little-"

Reggie got up and charged Jughead, but Rosemary quickly stepped between them and pushed him back. Besides being a River Vixen, Rosemary was also the only girl on the wrestling team once wrestling season was around. Her mother had told her to try out and when the coach said she couldn't be on the team because she's a girl, her mom threatened him with a plastic butter knife.

"Back off, Mantle," Rosemary spat, getting in Reggie's face. Reggie towered of the short girl, but everyone knew she was a lot tougher than she looked.