XXXII

Catatonic Bimbos

Catatonic Bimbos

  ⧊  

Rosemary didn't know why she agreed to come with Betty to see FP at Andrew's construction, but she did. Betty said something about wanting Rosemary there since she and FP were close and it might help her win him over with her offer. After school, Rosemary didn't want to walk all the way to there so she and Betty rode her motorcycle. Betty wore Rosemary's helmet and Rosemary wore her serpent jacket.

"Mr. Jones," Betty called out to FP as he walked into the trailer. 

FP eyed the blonde girls, who couldn't have looked more different. Rosemary sat on Fred Andrew's desk smoking a cigarette, something Fred would have never allowed if he was there, in a pair of dark wash jeans, an army green long-sleeve shirt, a pair of black boot heels, and her leather jacket. Her lips were painted a dark, crimson red color and her blonde hair was lazily tugged back into a ponytail.

Betty wore a dark wash denim jacket, a white tank top tucked into a dark apricot skirt, and a pair of white heels. Over her shoulder was a light grey purse that held her essentials since she had no pockets. Her hair was pulled tightly back into a slick curled ponytail and her lips were a soft pink color.

"Don't worry," Rosemary teased as she blew out a cloud of smoke. "We're not ambushing you."

"I know," Betty continued. "You don't do birthdays, but Archie and I are having a few of Jughead's friends over at Archie's house. And I bet it would mean so much to Jughead is you came."

FP looked over at Rosemary with a raised eyebrow, as if he was asking 'Do you know about this?'. Rosemary just shrugged and took another drag out of her cancer stick, pointing her thumb towards Betty. FP sighed and turned to Betty.

"Man," FP said as he fiddled with his work gloves in his hand. "You don't quit, do you?"

"Rarely," Betty nodded. "If ever."

"It can get quite annoying," Rosemary joked, laughing a bit as she blew out smoke from her nose.

"I really want to do something special for him," Betty told the older man, who was putting away his construction hat. "And you being there, that would be special."

FP sent Betty a pointed look and she looked up at him with a hopeful smile, quickly pressing her hands together over her chest. FP them looked over at Rosemary, who rugged and raised her eyebrow at him. She knew how much Betty wanted FP to come, but Rosemary wondered if Jughead would be happy or pissed if he showed up.

"I'll think about it," FP sighed, making Betty's face light up. "Maybe I'll stop by to say hi."

  ⧊  

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight," Rosemary chanted to the River Vixens as they practiced their jumps. Rosemary was finally allowed to go back to practice and help run the team but wasn't allowed to tumble or stunt until the following week.