XLVI

Monkey

Monkey

"So," Sheriff Keller talked to Amelia and FP, who had been moved into two cells in the same room so it was easier for them to be questioned. "Blossom was a Kingpin. He funneled drugs through Riverdale and then shipped them out. What the Mayor and I care about is the local component of Blossom's business. Someone is selling his drugs here in Riverdale. Mostly in the Southside but it started to cross the tracks, recently, too."

"And you think it's the Serpents?" FP asked in amusement.

"Who else?" Sheriff Keller asked with a shrug. Rosemary went to open her mouth, but Amelia sent her a pointed look and she sighed, leaning against Jughead and crossing her arm over her chest.

"So," Sheriff Keller sighed. "Here's the deal. You two feed us names, tell me who's pushing the dope, and the mayor, the DA has a chat, and maybe he'd be inclined to offer you two a lesser sentence."

"Serpents don't get into hard stuff," FP spoke up. "It's dime bags of weed. And we're not snitches."

"FP, Amelia," Sheriff Keller said as he walked over in front of the two cells. "If you don't help us and your case goes to trial, there will be no leniency. You'll be looking at twenty years in a federal penitentiary for your parts in the cover-up of Jason Blossom's murder."

            ⧊            

"Come on, monkey," Rosemary sighed as she pulled open the blinds in Lizzy's room, causing the young girl to whine. "Oh, stop whining and get dressed. Remember, I have to drop you off at school and then I have to go to school. And it's snowing which mean no bike and-"

"You drive dad's old car," Lizzy cut Rosemary off as she sat up and stretched. "I know, I know. That thing is slower than a turtle."

"Well," Rosemary shrugged as she walked over to the bedroom door and leaned in the doorway facing Lizzy. "It's either that or walking. Remember, once Jughead gets here, we're leaving!"

"I know!" Lizzy called after her older sister.

Rosemary jogged down into the kitchen and opened the fridge, taking out three frozen waffles and putting them in the toaster. She also started brewing some coffee and packing Lizzy's lunch. Just as the waffles popped, Rosemary finished packing Lizzy's bag and Jugghead walked in, his denim jacket tight around him and his beanie sprinkled with a layer of snow.

"Morning, Jug," Rosemary greeted as Lizzy walked down the stairs. "Did you brush your teeth?"

"Yes," Lizzy nodded.

Rosemary squatted down and pointed at her face impatiently. Lizzy rolled her eyes and walked over, breathing heavily in Rosemary's face and making her nose cringe. Lizzy giggled before rushing upstairs to go brush her teeth. Rosemary rolled her eyes and pulled out the three waffles, handing one to Jughead, placing one on a plate for Lizzy, and eating one herself.