Chapter 6: Embarrassment

TW: drinking and driving, minor  character death, self harm

Yuri's POV:

   I carefully placed the rice, chicken and pork on the two ends of the table. What if she didn't like rice or chicken and pork? What if I was wasting my time. I know I shouldn't have cut my arms when I got home but...I was so nervous and it helped me wind down

  I had just placed the now steaming broccoli and celery on the plates when there was a knock at the door

  "C-coming!" I yelled lighting my lavender scented candle as I made a dash for the door. I dropped the lighter in my pocket and thrust open the door.
   "Did you forget me or something?" Natsuki grinned, a tightly wrapped plate was clutched in her hands. My face heated with a blush and I twirled  my hair, or at least I went to, but I forgot that I had pulled it up into a bun. I eyed what Natsuki was wearing. A long sleeve baby blue shirt and pink skirt. I tugged on my purple turtle neck as I gestured for her to come inside.
    "Sorry I...don't know what ...you like ..." I stopped talking at the sight of Natsuki's mouth watering and eyes bulging.
  "Wow, this looks ....I'm so hungry..." She murmured as she sat down, I swiftly took the wrapped plate from her and sat it on the counter. I wonder if I should open it. "That's just my fabulously delicious triple chocolate chip cookies." She bragged with a grin though her eyes never left her plate of food.
   "Our dessert then." I decided before I sat down. Natsuki quickly began diving into her food and we fell into a comfortable silence.
   "So why do you hate manga so much?" Natsuki asked once she had finished off her plate and drank all her milk. I frowned did I tell her the truth or lie. I guess if I wanted this friendship to last I'd have to make an effort.
   "Well my brother, Haruto his favorite thing to read was anime and manga...I use to sit on his lap just listening to him as he'd read to me..." I smiled I hadn't talked about my brother in so long, it felt nice. I glanced at Natsuki, she looked confused, or something. "I'm sorry I've said too much...I guess it's just too simple for me." I murmured tiredly as I stood taking my half eaten plate and her clean one.
   "Yuri-"
   "Let's eat your cookies...then we can watch a movie or something..." I exclaimed wanting to drop the subject. I carefully unwrapped her cookies picking up the plate I carefully walked towards the living room. Natsuki sighed softly but followed after me anyways. "Oh I almost forgot, I made you something!" I exclaimed rushing upstairs. I scanned my room before I found the object I was looking for.
   "Why'd you do this?" Natsuki questioned skeptically and I frowned placing the package into her hands.

   "It's for finding my book and ....I guess getting Mako off my back too..now." I smiled and Natsuki blushed looking down.
   "You don't have to reward me for being nice to you, you know." She grumbled as she tore away the wrapping paper regardless and I couldn't help but giggle.
   "I know." I whispered and she smirked.
   "Whoa." Natsuki held up a shelf of sorts.
   "It's a foldable shelf, see you can store your mangas in it...you know in the club room closet, that way you won't have to climb for them on.. the.." I stopped talking once I saw Natsuki's dumbfounded expression. "What? Did, did I say s-somet-thing wrong?" I whimpered.