Chapter 15: You're Unbelievable

Yuri's POV:

A/N: it's a DDLC fanfic I think it's safe to say you can expect there's going to be a little violence and triggers.

Pain, I was in so much pain

Pain, I was in so much pain. My arm stung my head rang. I just wanted to curl up and die. However I knew there was school today and I should visit Monika as well. I groaned softly as I felt fluffy sheets and bedding that was foreign to me. I blinked peeking open one eye. I was in a very pink and slightly childish room. I forced myself to sit up, as I opened both eyes, trying to take in the whole room.

There was laced white and pink curtains hanging from the window. Pink carpet lined the floors. There was a small bed adorned with various shaped pillows, stuffed animals and fluffy blankets. There was a toy chest carved from  white wood.

  I looked down at my arm, it was tightly bandaged, my other arm was too, all the way up to my elbows. I frowned, it was like someone was keeping me away from my skin. I blearily began looking around for clues as to where I was. There was lots of pink...no manga.. storybooks..like something a five-year old would read. My eyes landed on  a picture frame that looked like a nine year old had created. It sat against a white desk. I studied the picture inside and instantly knew where I was.

  "Natsuki" I murmured softly as I swung my legs from the bed and attempted to stand

  "Natsuki" I murmured softly as I swung my legs from the bed and attempted to stand. I was trying to get a better look at the picture, but I was hungover and lightheaded from blood loss so I effectively crumpled to the floor in a heap. I sat there in a hazy daze, feeling bile rising in my throat. But I had to find her...I couldn't just lay here. I had to let her know I was sorry.  That she deserved better than me. I heard a door opening in the back of my mind.

  I contemplated what it was and if I was losing my mind. My arm buzzed with pain and my head pounded. Never again will I cut and drink. The process had too many side effects. I brought my hand to my forehead trying to rub some of the pain away. However my head felt like my brain was pounding it's way through my skull trying to escape.

   "Yuri you're unbelievable." A scolding voice made me attempt to focus my blurry vision. Where was that voice coming from? I looked around and only made eye contact with a stuffed frog. I felt arms under my arm pits. A grunt sounded behind me and in a blink I was laying back in the strange bed. Natsuki's bed. I felt myself grow sleepy and my eyes slipped closed.

  "School!" I grunted opening my eyes as I sat up. Natsuki was sitting at the white desk writing something in a notebook. She jumped at the sound of my out burst.
   "Jeez Yuri chill. We've still got thirty minutes before school starts." Natsuki grumbled looking back at her notebook. I frowned looking for a clock.
   "Why's it so light outside?" I demanded as I tried a second time to swing myself off the bed. Natsuki grumbled something incoherent before she turned to speak to me. Her eyes widened.
   "Yuri what're you doing?! Lay down before you hurt yourself!" She ordered rushing over to me. Her small hands grabbed my legs and swung them back onto the bed.

   "We missed school didn't we?" I questioned hazily and she sighed
   "Like I was going to let you go like this. Or like I'd leave you here by yourself!" She exclaimed flustered by my question. Like she was offended.
   "Oh." I mumbled looking at my blood stained hands guiltily. "T-thankyou." I added knowing it was necessary. Natsuki scoffed and I felt the bed dip with weight.

  "Yuri, why can't you see that I love you okay! That's hard for a person like me to admit. But damnit Yuri you're unbelievable! I can't believe you did this! Or tried to anyways." She grumbled settling next to me in her bed.
   "I'm sorry but you put me through a lot as well." I grumbled and Natsuki scoffed
   "I didn't try and bleed out!" She fired right back.
   "No but you're keeping secrets from me and I told you my darkest deepest secrets. " I spat throwing my legs off the bed as I wobbled towards the door.

   "Yuri you dummy, you already lost enough blood, I don't need you falling down the stairs and cracking your head open!" She yelled after me but I had successfully reached the door. I reached out grasping the doorknob trying to push aside my dizziness. I swayed slightly. "Yuri!" Natsuki ordered and I pulled open the door. I nearly tumbled head first into the musty dark hallway. A small hand latched onto my wrist, making me wince but stopping me from tumbling into the wall. "calm down okay!" She panted pulling me back into her room.

"No! If I'm such a burden then I'll just go home!" I slurred, my head was killing me.
   "You're so stupid! I just told you I ...I love you and you're still just running away!" Natsuki growled releasing my arm. I stumbled backwards and landed on my butt in the hallway. I groaned. I really was stupid.

  "I'm sorry..." I sniffed unable to stop the tears from escaping my eyes and trailing down my cheeks. "I'm not...." I hiccuped trying to contain my emotions. "You're too good ..(hiccup) f-f-or me ...I don't deserve... someone...as ...as a..ama..z..zing a-as-s you..." I sniffed trying and failing to contain my soft sobs. Silence. She agreed with me.

Of course she does, just look at yourself. Do us all a favor Yuri disappear for good this time!

With shaking hands I reached into my back pocket pulling out my switchblade. I fingered it before I clicked the button and it flickered open.

Make it quick, she doesn't want anything to do with-

"Yuri stop it!" Natsuki cried and the knife was knocked from my hand. Lips crashed against mine. Perfect fresh, beautiful lips. I opened my mouth and she slid her tongue in. I placed my hands on her hips, deepening the kiss. I wish it could've lasted longer but before I knew what was happening Natsuki pulled away. Her hands framed my face, tears were streaming down her face. She was so bruised and beaten. "Yuri you are the only thing in my life that isn't broken. You're perfect." She exclaimed her thumbs were tracing circles on my cheeks.  She rested her forehead against mine. Her eyes closed and I relaxed against her gentle touch. "If anything you're too good for me." She laughed softly and I sniffed shaking my head.

   "No..." I murmured tiredly as I stood making Natsuki fall back into her room. "I can't burden you any more." I started for the stairs. Trying to focus on my footing. I was so unbalanced and completely out of it.
   "My dad hits me." I froze at Natsuki's outburst. "He hits me because I remind him of my mother." She whispered and I turned seeing her pained expression. She had never told anyone this before. She swiped at her eyes sadly. "My mother, Kaiyo, she was a wonderful woman. The only child to my grandparents. She defied their wishes and married my father. She thought she found love. My father was and is an alcoholic. He loves his beer more than his family. " She looked down sadly.

"Natsuki I'm so sorry...I should've known..." I look down in shame.
   "No, he was good at hiding it, still is. I always remember him being so happy... But that's just me blocking out the bad times... He was always abusive he's just gotten worse since my mom died. At first it was the same, he'd hit me...then apologize... As the years progressed the abuse got...worse and the apologies disappeared." She murmured before she reached up pulling down her skirt. I gasped at the dark purple bruise that marked her porcelain skin. Her hip.

  "Natsuki are you okay?" I reached for her but was still unstable from my little stunt last night and felt myself fall backwards. Right where the stairs started going down.
"Yuri!"

To be continued...